+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of breaking up with her, but she did nothing wrong.

I have no experience with macs, but you should be able to copy the original picture, crop the copy, and import the copy here though. To do that in a thread you'll have to make sure a cropped picture is saved in your computer, reply to whatever thread you want to post it in, click 'go advanced' at the bottom of the text box, then click attachments when you get to the bigger text box with more options. Then click the 'add' button to manually add pictures from your computer to LF. Once you do that you can attach them to responses in threads. Using a picture for an avatar should be much easier. Keep in mind though that these are the steps that I personally take, so using a mac may be slightly (or very) different.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I can crop the picture, no problem, I can't get the picture to shrink though. Seriously, the size if the images are huge... my forehead can take up the entire screen... ouch.

Try zooming in the advanced options on your photo editor. If that doesn't work see if you can adjust settings on your camera itself before taking pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Try zooming in the advanced options on your photo editor. If that doesn't work see if you can adjust settings on your camera itself before taking pictures.
    I do zoom in, but it never saves as a perfect fit photo, it saves as a zoomed in photo which remains the same size... I think. The camera is my husband's and he uses it for specific things dealing with cars... seriously, it's the nicest camera we have and there is barely any pictures of our six year old on it, can I import iphone pics?

Ok I said that wrong. I meant to say "use the zoom feature to zoom out". If that isn't possible it may be a setting on the camera, or you need to get a photo editor with more features. As far as iphone pics... My guess is that you'd have to connect your iphone to your computer and copy the files (pictures) and then save them to your computer. There may be an option to sync your phone with your computer which will do pretty much the same thing. Then follow my instructions with regards to attachments. If you post your pictures online at sites like photobucket and snapfish then it will be infinitely easier because online pictures can be shown in the thread without having to be attachments and it is about two steps total.

Ok I said that wrong. I meant to say "use the zoom feature to zoom out". If that isn't possible it may be a setting on the camera, or you need to get a photo editor with more features. As far as iphone pics... My guess is that you'd have to connect your iphone to your computer and copy the files (pictures) and then save them to your computer. There may be an option to sync your phone with your computer which will do pretty much the same thing. Then follow my instructions with regards to attachments. If you post your pictures online at sites like photobucket and snapfish then it will be infinitely easier.
    Thank you for your help; I'm thinking I will not be able to do this. You will all have to imaging that I look like the evil queen from snow white.

I think snapfish and photobucket are free.

I think snapfish and photobucket are free.
    Ehhhh, I may try that... but it's not terribly important that the world see my mug. I am curious, you have been on here a while, post a decent number of posts, why not add a pic so people know what you look like?

Send me a friend request an you can see my album. PM me first though, this is a must.

Send me a friend request an you can see my album. PM me first though, this is a must.
    PM??? WTF? What is PM...

Hahaha. A personal message. Click on my name to go to my profile and then send me a message from there.

Hahaha. A personal message. Click on my name to go to my profile and then send me a message from there.
    Already did it, I was super smooth in figuring it out myself. You see why I can't get said photos online?

Incognito has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Doh!

10 char

Hey Agape. I notice that, like me, you quote people a lot. There is a quote button at the bottom of each post to quote people which will show exactly who it came from instead of retyping everything and readers having to guess who made the original statement(s). The quotes can be edited in the text box before posting if you only want to use part of it.
    Cool, thanks . . . yeah, I quote a lot - I basically just highlight key lines and make the original poster make up their own mind. . . I put 1 and 1 together, all they have to do is 'add'.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12