+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am a big joke to my old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    "Police officers DIE trying to protect people and do their job, they deserve our respect"

I'm pretty sure they knew the risk going into it, I have zero sympathy. You try to take someone's freedom, you deserve whatever happens, IMO. Not saying I'm taking the side of criminals, but they take away the freedom of nonviolent offenders everyday and I put cops and criminals on the same level..I laugh when cops die. Individually, maybe some do deserve our respect, but as a whole I don't agree. Personally, I think they deserve whatever they get...if thats a medal of valor and a promotion, fine...if it's a bullet in the back of the head, also fine.
    So if a cop takes a rapist freedom he deserves if the rapist has some form of retaliation? Or how about the ones that are going after kidnapped victims, or murderers? You are incredibly arrogant. I wonder how much you'll hate the cop that could one day save the life of you, or wife, or your child.

First, look up the word arrogant. I personally think it's much more applicable to police officers.

I think the rapist certainly deserves to have his freedom taken. I just think that the cop has it coming, if the rapist does retaliate. Yeah, the cops that go after kidnap victims and murderers are called detectives and they rarely get killed in the line of duty. You should check out the incarceration statistics for violent and nonviolent criminals. Prisons and jails are overcrowded with nonviolent offenders. As for the scenario you set up with myself, my wife, or my child...I already addressed it. I said "Individually, maybe some do deserve our respect..." So, yeah, I won't hate that cop, the rest are on their own.

First, look up the word arrogant. I personally think it's much more applicable to police officers.

I think the rapist certainly deserves to have his freedom taken. I just think that the cop has it coming, if the rapist does retaliate. Yeah, the cops that go after kidnap victims and murderers are called detectives and they rarely get killed in the line of duty. You should check out the incarceration statistics for violent and nonviolent criminals. Prisons and jails are overcrowded with nonviolent offenders. As for the scenario you set up with myself, my wife, or my child...I already addressed it. I said "Individually, maybe some do deserve our respect..." So, yeah, I won't hate that cop, the rest are on their own.
    Just because someone wasn't violent doesn't mean they didn't break the law. So you think that if someone isn't violent they shouldn't ever go to jail? WTF?

Non violent crimes....28-BURGLARY, STRUCTURE
    29-BURGLARY, DWELLING
    32-BURGLARY/TRESPASS, OTHER
    33-GRAND THEFT, OTHER
    34-GRAND THEFT, AUTOMOBILE
    35-STOLEN PROPERTY
    36-FORGERY/COUNTERFEITING
    37-WORTHLESS CHECKS
    38-FRAUDULENT PRACTICES
    39-OTHER THEFT/PROPERTY DAMAGE
    40-DRUGS, MANUFACTURE/SALE/PURCHASE--- (to me this is worse that murdering in a crime of passion, how many lives do drugs take?)
    41-DRUGS, TRAFFICKING
    42-DRUGS, POSSESSION/OTHER
    46-ESCAPE
    48-DUI, NO INJURY
    50-TRAFFIC, OTHER
    51-RACKETEERING
    52-POLLUTION/HAZARDOUS MATERIALS

"40-DRUGS, MANUFACTURE/SALE/PURCHASE--- (to me this is worse that murdering in a crime of passion, how many lives do drugs take?)"

So, you think that someone who sells marijuana, is worse than someone who takes another human being's life, deliberately. Do you agree with this statement?

"40-DRUGS, MANUFACTURE/SALE/PURCHASE--- (to me this is worse that murdering in a crime of passion, how many lives do drugs take?)"

So, you think that someone who sells marijuana, is worse than someone who takes another human being's life, deliberately. Do you agree with this statement?
    A murderer might kill one person. A drug dealer could affect and destroy the lives of hundreds. I've smoked weed in my youth, and I don't have a problem with it, but I have a HUGE problem with drug dealers. They get people hooked on drugs, and it destroys lives. I think drug dealers should get the death penalty.

Pathetic. I am glad you failed, and hope you continue to fail.

Drug dealers do not "get people hooked on drugs". These people are WILLING participants. Drug dealers getting the death penalty is completely irrational, as well as, the ludicrous notion that drug dealers are worse than murderers. People like you are the reason I feel the way I feel about cops, they deserve whatever they get, and that's pretty much my feelings for anyone that makes an informed decision to do something..cops don't get a pass.

Pathetic. I am glad you failed, and hope you continue to fail.

Drug dealers do not "get people hooked on drugs". These people are WILLING participants. Drug dealers getting the death penalty is completely irrational, as well as, the ludicrous notion that drug dealers are worse than murderers. People like you are the reason I feel the way I feel about cops, they deserve whatever they get, and that's pretty much my feelings for anyone that makes an informed decision to do something..cops don't get a pass.
    You really don't think drug dealers are THAT bad? Seriously? Women SELL their children for drugs... if drug dealers weren't there to give them said drugs they wouldn't be addicted in the first place.

Ok, so you think the drug dealer should be killed, and not the person selling their child for it?

And no, I don't think they're that bad, and I'm talking nonviolent ones. They don't force anything on anyone, people make the conscious choice to seek them out.

" if drug dealers weren't there to give them said drugs they wouldn't be addicted in the first place."

You can buy heroin at any CVS.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 23-10-10 at 05:27 AM.

Ok, so you think the drug dealer should be killed, and not the person selling their child for it?
    The drug dealer affects many, yes I think they should die. Anyone selling or molesting a child should also die.

You are so simpleminded. That is why I'm glad you're a failure, and hope it continues.

Cops are brutal, corrupt, and just plain assholes, not to mention they often destroy the lives of many as well...

All I'm saying, as I said earlier, they get what they deserve. If that's a medal, fine. If that's a bullet in the head, also fine. I'm an extremist, but you are too, and you do not deserve to hold other's futures in your hands in such a direct way, stick with being a counselor.

I'm heading home for the weekend, but we can continue this.

Ahhhh, don't sweat it. You have a degree and experience and it sounds like you got a lot a fight in ya! Those people aren't you're friends and you can do much better without them. I'm sure you'll find something that you really enjoy doing.

You are so simpleminded. That is why I'm glad you're a failure, and hope it continues.

Cops are brutal, corrupt, and just plain assholes, not to mention they often destroy the lives of many as well...

All I'm saying, as I said earlier, they get what they deserve. If that's a medal, fine. If that's a bullet in the head, also fine. I'm an extremist, but you are too, and you do not deserve to hold other's futures in your hands in such a direct way, stick with being a counselor.

I'm heading home for the weekend, but we can continue this.
    i'm a fan.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Hi

I think that whatever dream you have you are right to pursue it and at any age. Dreams and plans are what make us go forward in life.

I would just be worried of the dangerous aspect of this career given the fact you have a child but if it's what you want to do go for it.

I still think you shouldhave a plan B, or several though...the radiology thing seems really good.you could also explore other careers that are physical like fire woman or body guard or working in security...

About your 'friends' they must really feel they control you with their comments. You need to joke about any nasty comment they make and to show you don't really care. You've lost a well paid job? Well you hated it anyway and now you get to me a more attentive mother, you have more time for your husband and your relationship has never been as close...you failed your cop test...well you were nearly there and that was your first time trying!

Also when someone press on a sensitive issue for you you should learn to do the same with them...turn the conversation onto them: what about you have you found a job yet? what about your husband? what qulaifications have you got again? you know this sorta thing?

If people know that you can give the same shit they will learn to handle you better.

I feel you are a great sporty type, you probably shine in outdoor acrivities and it many other areas looking at your past career but you have not graduated yet in ' bitchiness management'...

You need to bite back as soon as you're bitten.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Sure there are bad cops but there are good ones too. I haven't heard of a good drug dealer, have you ?

Sparkle. I think what you did is admirable. If the cop thing doesnt work, maybe you can look at something like martial arts instructor, personal trainer type job where there is still a physical aspect. You've got the drive, you wont be down for long.
    And friends like that ? Who needs them ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast