+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated situation, need help/advice please

Complicated situation, need help/advice please

Im going to explain the situation to the best I can without giving too much info incase the wrong person reads this if you know what I mean.

There is this girl that I really like, we met a few months ago. We started to connect right off the bat, we went on a few dates and everything was looking good. Then the worst part, she told me she couldnt get into a relationship right now she was still not completely over her ex, she told me it would be unfair to me if we got to involved well she still had feelings for him. They weren't together for too long, something like under a year but he did take her virginity. She said she still wanted to be friends and that she did like me but just couldn't get involved and we have been continuing to hang out usually once a week.

For the first little while after she told me that things seemed ok, we still hang out, she still even let off signals that she liked me. But lately she has been more distant, now im always the one initiating conversation, usually via text. Im worried I may have scared her off by being to nice and maybe I have been texting her too much. Since she has told me she wasn't ready we've only been hanging out casually and haven't really hung out more formally. I recently asked her to hang out on the weekend and then another time, she prolonged her answer a couple days and then told me she was busy.

I am not very experienced with relationships, she is a few years younger and I think she might know this, I hope this isn't causing the problem, but who knows maybe it is. Another thing I should add is because shes a bit younger she seems to be in her partying phase right now. Also her ex was a big asshole, and I am the opposite im really nice and caring to her.

What should I do about this? Should i continue to pursue it? Continue to be friends and be there for her? Or do you think this is a lost cause and I should cut her off completely (I don't want to do this, but if i have to i will)? Plus she knows what I want, why would she continue to keep me around? What makes it worse is that due to a previous comittment (I won't say what) I will have to see her once a week for most weeks for a while. Should I get it all off my chest and talk to her about this? we haven't talked about this since she told me she wasn't ready, but im worried I could scare her off as soon as i do this

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if you could answer any of those questions I answered that would help alot!

Do you think she is just being nice and doesn't like me? If so would she still hang out with me once a week? I havent talked to her in a couple days because she hasn't texted or called me, i dont know if I should text her, i've been waiting a few days so i don't look desperate.