+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice/translation is he trying to tell me something?

Need advice/translation is he trying to tell me something?

My crush finally invited me out for lunch and I also found out that he does discuss me with his friends
    I initiated second lunch date today and the conversation went like this:
    We chatted about a mutual friend who is married and expecting first baby aged 30 and he mentioned that he did not understand why he wanted to do that so young he also chatted about a another friend of his that I do not know who wanted to marry have a baby aged
    30 and now he is 29, panicking and is going to settle with a girl that he has just met. My crush is 29 and I am older but I feel the same about relationships and I just want to date him I don't want to marry and have babies and all that.
    He told me that he hates chatting up girls at nightclubs and all that jazz, and he spent a while chatting about another mutual friend who broke up with his girlfriend after 8 years and has never gotten over it.
    I know that you should never read too much into a conversation - I know that I should be flattered that he felt so comfortable to chat like that with me - but I am wondering is he trying to tell me something.
    I am not that much into dating, I decided a long time ago that it was not for me and then I met and clicked with him and he did try to try it on with me 12 months ago but we were interrupted and this cat and mouse game has been going on ever since.
    I know anyone reading this was obviously not there, I care very much for this guy - he took me up on lunch, he chats to me all the time and we are very close.
    Guys do you think he is trying to tell me something and what could it be?
    I do not want to come over to him as needy which I am not - I was very happy being single, I want to date someone who has their own interests, which he does which means I would be happy for him to do whatever he does with his friends, so can I and then we could meet in the middle.
    Do you think I am wasting my time?
    Is he trying to tell me something and is there something that I can say that would make it easier for him to be more open rather than this talking in riddles.
    Guys would you have this kind of conversation with a girl and what would it mean if you did?
    Please give me suggestions, I am going out of my mind and I know that if I overthink this I will say something that might ruin a great friendship if not scupper a potentially great relationship.

From what I've seen a lot of guys panic around age 30. Maybe it's the loss of being in your carefree 20's that scares them. Looks like your crush has many friends who are now settling down and having families. He may be under pressure (from these friends or family) to do the same. It sounds like he is trying to figure out if you might try to pin him down. Reassure him that you would not, if that's the way you feel.

As for having kids around 30, that's very common and not too young. Your crush may think it's too young if he can't imagine that for himself right now. He may never want kids. That's another thing you have to discuss. If you both don't ever want kids it may ease his mind.

It's interesting. I'd say that the ball is in his court now. You talk to him regularly, you invited him for lunch, he accepted, and you had a great conversation about life, love, and relationships. He wants to carry out things at his own pace. He has enough information to be confident to make a move. I'd say you've done just about everything you can do. It's time to wait.