+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do women generally think of men?

What do women generally think of men?

Yeah, broad isn't quite the word, here. More like InterGalactic.

Sometimes, it's just unclear what women consider the pro's and con's of men, and how they deal with them.

For instance, women in comical situations portray men as complete idiots when it comes to relationships, and that women can easily scheme their way around by assuming men "think between their legs". Yes, a comical stereotype, yes, but also a misinterpretation.

In similar situations, men are also portrayed as the "stupid lazy alcoholic husband". Which again, isn't supposed to be taken seriously, but again, a misinterpretation of what it means to be a man.

In fact, I recently had to deal with an issue where women assume men are stalkers by default. Told a girl I like her, and some of her friends started threatening me, and tagging me as a "potential suspect" in a few local crimes. Girls who didn't even know me, spreading rumors about things I would certainly NEVER do. They would know this if they knew me. Are women just creeped out by men, like we're all some sort of criminals?

So what do some of you women think of men on a more serious note? The goods, the bads, etc.?
    Last edited by Jonathanese; 03-12-10 at 12:44 AM.

I think men are special it would be a boring world to only have women but i do think men need to think more like women the world would be better then lol
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    I think men are special it would be a boring world to only have women but i do think men need to think more like women the world would be better then lol
    Yeah right! It would be very boring and everyone would be way too happy if we all thought alike. I doubt this forum would exist.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sexist honry sloppy pigs.

MHMM. Girl68. I'll assume for your sake you're joking. Saying men are sexist is a self-redundancy. lol "Honry"

But anyway...

Men need to be "more like women"? You know that happens, right? That's quite a few of the guys that women consider unattractive, then ask for the "Real Men". Want someone that fits a skewed stereotype of "manly", that is, "Macho", then use the macho man to say that all guys are jerks.

Give me some good discussion, here. Really. I don't want to start a thread about ranting against the other gender, but i can feel the tension even through text.

Writing,"some of her friends started threatening me, and tagging me as a "potential suspect" in a few local crimes", then hearing "men should think more like women."

I get what you were saying, but you may want to clarify for others. lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No actually I'm not joking. You asked "generally" speaking. So "generally" I think I'm quite on target. Yes, they're horny plenty of men here will testify to that. A lot (not all) are very sloppy or they just don't like to clean therefore they don't at it becomes nasty- it's as if it's assumed women like to clean, I certainly don't, but I will for a clean house) 3rd sexist? Hmm touchy subject but I'll take one example and one only: women aren't allowed to sleep around because it's dirty, gross and or slutty, but if we were men it sure isn't frowned on in the same way. My definition of sexist is that 1 sex isn't allowed to do something (or it is frowned upon) JUST because of the his or her sex.

At first I was kind of joking but as I wrote that out I realize, no I'm not really joking. Note: I'm not a man hater I beleive there is some good in each man but "generally" this is what I think.

HMM, nice generalization, then. when i said generally, I wasn't necessarily talking about a generalization of men by women, but rather, "What do each of you think about men in general". I'm talking about individual opinions of what you like and dislike about men.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's impossible to answer because in order to answer what I like about mEn I have to generalize... usually by steryotypes.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qehxjub5lyo[/url]
    watch this video its cute but true
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I shower almost entirely like a women. Just sayin...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-oynm1C2J4&playnext=1&list=PL35F442D8AF27CEE8&index =7]YouTube - Born this way - the difference between men and women - MUST SEE!!!.wmv[/url]
    here is a good example lol hahaha guys try it
    Oscar Wilde

I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but I just wanted to address this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanese View Post
    In fact, I recently had to deal with an issue where women assume men are stalkers by default. Told a girl I like her, and some of her friends started threatening me, and tagging me as a "potential suspect" in a few local crimes. Girls who didn't even know me, spreading rumors about things I would certainly NEVER do.
    Something went wrong there. This didn't happen to you because women assume all men are stalkers, you probably screwed up in a bad way. Either that, or the girl is a crazy drama queen who makes up lies for fun, but don't assume that. You should figure out what YOU did to cause this reaction.

What do women think???.... pfffft! Women don't think. Oxymoron.

MerryH, Basically she's done this to people before. I'm pretty much very confident that I didn't screw anything up, not only that, but when the issue was taken up with security, they analyzed the situation, and deemed their reaction unfair and unjustified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast