+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Apologizing to an ex

Apologizing to an ex

H guys, I posted this on another thread on here but got one response so here goes again.

So I was with this girl for a while and then we broke up. Because we are both in the same class at university we got on top of each other after the breakup and had a few arguments. It did not end well and I haven't talk to her since last year even though we are in the same class. It's pretty awkward.

I would now like to to apologize to her for some of the things I said. I did act like an idiot at times and can see how I have upset her. I would also like to apologize to clear the air a bit and so I can get on in life.

Problem is it was a while ago since these various incidents. I don't want her to look at it than anything else other than an apology like I'm an ex whose trying to get back with her. I feel as if it could open up a can of worms. Also she is with someone else now and she seems happy so I think she may prefer it if I wasn't in the picture at all even if its an apology.

I do still have some feelings for her but looking logically at the situation and our relationship I think if it was better all left behind. I feel like there is some unfinished business with however it is my gut feeling. I think that apologizing would be the right thing to do as it would provide some sort of ending and I can finally move on. I don't want to get sucked back into it again though. I don't really have anything to lose by doing it either.

Any advice?

Just email her. Just make sure you tell her that you are happy for her and wish her all the best. Then she can do whatever with that.

^What he said.

Make it short and succinct. And let her know you wish her and your man nothing but good. That says a lot.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^what they said
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Cheers guys! I'm still not sure whether I should send it or not I'm not sure if the timings right. Its one of those things that I could see swinging either way its quite a fragile situation. oh well! thanks for the replies!

Just send the email and move on with it. If she reacts badly, that's on her, don't even sweat it.