+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are girls intimidated by me?

Are girls intimidated by me?

So first off im 19 and im starting to get really frustrated here because i cant seem to make it past the first date, however when i do something doesn't work out. The last girl i dated for a couple weeks, she kept reiterating why a guy like me would be with her...low self esteem was a definate but perhaps insecurity that she would get hurt by someone like me dispite how untrue this may have been, especially since i got hurt in the end.

people say im pretty good looking, i work out 5 days a week, i eat healthy and i cut out all sugar completely (even in coffee). Im soon to go to school for a personal trainer/dietician. Currently im an electrician however, brought up in a well to do family. I drive a lexus which i bought myself, i have a good sense of fashion which is mostly preppy and on my dates i wear a $1200 watch. I am cocky/funny for the most part, although one girl said i was just cocky and i didnt hear back from her, lol.....My friend suggested that the girls are intimidated by me since i appear to have my life planned out at such a young age, is this a possibility?
    Last edited by bond007; 05-12-10 at 03:15 PM.

To be short, no, it's not that girls are intimidated by you. If you're getting a first date but it never works out, it's probably because you're blowing it somehow. If they were intimidated by you, they would have never agreed to go out with you in the first place. So it's not that.

What could it be? Maybe it's because you talk too much about working out 5 days a week, your Lexus, or your $1200 watch. Or it could even be your cockiness. It is telling that you chose to bring those things up here. Is it possible that you just need to shut the **** up about how 'awesome' you are?

Agreed. It's obvious something happens during all of your first dates, and it's because of something you do or say.
    Meh, I don't wanna stereotype, but I wouldn't even bother going out with you.

Lol no the only reason she said cocky, was because i was playfully teasing her. Frist off i dont talk about anything like that on my dates i talk more about her, i dont brag at all. haha and i never said i was "awesome" and if i was than why would i be asking why i cant get past the first date?? My friend said for as wealthy as my family is, im very down to earth. I dont talk about working out, haha but the last girl...everytime she called i was at the gym...maybe thats why. However i shouldnt have to change myself for a girl, right.

"lol lol lol"
    Actually... you have NO girl to change for.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    About the money.... well, I am pretty put-off by obvious displays of wealth, mostly because I grew up poor and find excessive flashiness to be in poor taste. However, I think I am more the exception about this... it is pretty normal for people to spend unnecessary amounts of cash on stuff where I live.

The amount of focus you have on your body and health are perhaps good from a medical standpoint, but perhaps some of these girls would be worried that the expectation would exists that THEY be just as intense about their own bodies, and that someone like you would have little patience for their own physical imperfections.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Advice from a guy - I have a good friend who is very very rich. And he's completely down to earth. A lovely guy.
    And then there are other rich people who are so insecure that they have to display their wealth to say to everyone - 'Oo look at me aren't I so rich and successful' - such people I find very unattractive. In fact the word wanker comes to mind.

Girls aren't intimidated by you, they're turned off by your narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarsonar View Post
    Girls aren't intimidated by you, they're turned off by your narcissism.
    +1

"Lol no the only reason she said cocky, was because i was playfully teasing her"
    Sounds like a bullshit excuse

"i dont brag at all"
    1st post this is what I heard
    "I work out 5 times a week"
    "I wear expensive clothes"
    "Im rich"
    "I wore a 1200$ watch to my first date"

"However i shouldnt have to change myself for a girl, right."
    Yet you come to this forum asking "what did I do wrong?"

Self-desolution is strongly connected to narcisissim. So is inability to take critique so I fell this post wont help much..

Also, notice how people started disliking you instantly in this forum as did I. Some stuff to think about.