+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I or should I not trust him?

Should I or should I not trust him?

Well, here's the situation: two months ago I was confused because I had to chose between two guys. Now that I've already made my choice, I kind of regret it. I say kind of because I'm happy almost all the time but sometimes (very often lately...) I feel hurt, like someone's killing me slowly.
    I've seen that guy for a year before he took my number. He always seemed mysterious and shy. Until the day he waited for me after work and just asked me for my number. The same day we spoke on the phone and he told me he has a big crush on me and that he's really shy around me because I'm beautiful. Next few days he sent me so many texts saying that he can't believe this is happening; that I was the perfect girl and that if he could, he'd spend every minute with me. I wasn't sure I liked him that much so one night I just told him that I need more time because for me everything was happening too fast - 5 days after he took my number, he already knew my mom and I already knew his dad. So I was scared that I wasn't feeling the same so I told him that I need to get to know him more in order to feel sure about what I feel. So 2 days after that we spent the whole day together doing stupid and funny stuff - we went to Mount Royal, then we sat next to a fireplace in a house there and he was telling me how beautiful I am and how happy he feels when he's with me; then we walked down an alley with decorated trees and he kissed me. Honestly, I felt like I was in a romance movie...So I told him I was in love with him that same night - I felt it, I said it and I don't regret saying it And from that day on, everything was incredible - we were texting each other almost all the time and saying that we can't wait to meet again; he explained to me that it took him a whole year to get enough courage to talk to me; he told me he said everything about me to his mom. I was sure he was in love with me but I never heard him saying it. Until like 2 weeks from the day I said it..He said that he loves me - because of my huge lovely heart, because of the way I make him feel about himself and because I was the most beautiful and intelligent girl he has ever seen.
    Everything was going well, even perfect till he told me about his ex - the only girl he has ever loved before I came into his life. He said she didn't know what she wanted so she dumped him and then he was really mad, made her fall in love with him and broke up with her. But he told me that now they're friends because he feels bad about what he did to her.
    And like a week ago, I started feeling some kind of change...We were texting and all of a sudden, he just stopped answering...Then he sent me a text, 4 hrs later that he just fell asleep. That happened 4 times and just so you guys know, I need like 2 minutes to answer his texts.
    Anyways, I felt awful all the 4 times so I told him after the last one that I feel really sad because I was expecting him to answer back and he never did that. He told me he feels really bad and that he's a shitty person but he loves me more than anything in this world. And he said that making me feel hurt was the last thing he wanted to do.
    Then 2 days ago while we were texting again, he stopped...AGAIN! And I was so mad, I wanted to text him but I didn't. Finally I did it 2 hrs after my last text and his explanation was that I didn't receive the messages he sent me. I didn't believe that and I still don't...He did it again tonight, it took him 40 minutes to answer me back.
    And I asked him a few days ago why doesn't he call me at all, we only text each other. He said he wondered the same thing about me and I told him that I feel like I'm disturbing him almost every time I text him. Because we text for like 40 minutes and then he says he has something to do and he'll text me later. So I told him I'm gonna call him that night, he wanted me to call him on his house phone after 8 because he was going out with his mom..However, we never got to talk to each other because first, he said he's gonna be late and be back at 9. Then he sent me a text at 9:30 saying just "Hey"...Nothing more!
    Besides, I only see him at my work for like 30 minutes a day and we spend sundays together - from 10am to 10pm. And he never said anything about going out during the week or on saturdays...He works form 9 to 4 but, correct me if I'm wrong, when you love someone you'll do anything to spend more time with them. I have only one day off and I spend it with him - always because I miss him. It's amazing when we're together - he tells me he loves me every single day; he kisses my hands and tells me I'm his angel...Last thing he said was that I'm the love of his life. We're even gonna have our own Christmas - which was my idea but he said he loved it and can't wait for that to happen
    I don't know what to think...I don't know if I should trust what he says or not? Because I'm jealous of that girl he used to love - he said to me he's over her now and that she doesn't mean anything to him - they broke up like one year ago...But I'm scared...Am I being paranoic or do I have a reason? Please, I need to hear people's opinion because I don't know what to do or what to think anymore...
    Last edited by ^sunshine^; 12-12-10 at 11:12 AM.
    "Блокираш мисълта ми само със поглед..."

You were right to ask to talk instead of texting. Did anything change?
    Maybe he sent you "Hey" at 9.30 to let you know, that he is back and ok to talk?
    Did you suggest to do something during the week or on Sat?
    Not sure if his ex has anything to do with it (maybe not at all), but the whole story with him taking revenge doesn't make him look good.

If it's that big a deal to you(and it seems like it is), just tell him to limit his contact with her. If he doesn't listen, then break up with him.

everybody have a past, so there is nothing to be jealous on his ex, it sounds like he really cares for you
    i think you should try to meet him in the weekdays and see whats going on.
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

no offense but you are being kind of ridiculous. who cares what time he texts? you're being very demanding in terms of when you want him to text / contact you. this sounds like a relationship with one needy party and another party being somewhat repelled by the neediness. I say... just let it go. so many times my BF will not text me for a few hours, and yes i get a little sad because maybe I was expecting something, but I don't go completely haywire. and ya, he's fallen asleep on me many times. but i'm equally as bad.. if not worse.. I'll go for even longer without texting him, especially if I'm in class or at work.

you made a couple of blunders, here. First of all, you texted him about not replying. not right. i've only done that once, and it was only 'hey, what's up?'

secondly, you're showing a lot of insecurity with thinking that he still has feelings for his ex. Clearly, he doesn't.

RockNRoll Nothing changed actually...We're still texting, I don't think we will talk on the phone soon. Maybe we don't have so many things to say on the phone. Although when we see each other, we can't stop talking. And yes, I told him that we could go to the movies on Friday night to watch some action movie but he said he had something to do with his mom. Then when we saw each other on Sunday, he told me he went to buy me a Christmas present with her. But I'm gonna try to see him this Saturday and we'll see what his answer will be.

red_sparrow Thank you! And I really mean it. I needed someone to tell me that I have to stop being that fussy. I don't know what's happening with me, I've never been like that with any other guy. But he's different from everyone else in so many ways that I guess I feel scared because I don't want to lose him
    "Блокираш мисълта ми само със поглед..."