+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girl who rejected me blocks me on facebook?

girl who rejected me blocks me on facebook?

Okay, this one is confusing to me. I got rejected by this girl about a month ago. After the rejection we had a little talk about where we should go with our relationship b/c she gave the "I like you but I want to stay friends" thing, and I told her it'd be difficult to go back to the way we were. All-in-all, we agreed that I wouldn't be inviting her out anymore and if we see each other due to the many mutual friends we have, we wouldn't be strangers. Done like dinner.

Now the strange thing is, she blocks me on facebook after about a month of no-contact since our little chat... which completely puzzles me. I thought I was over her already but the fact that it still bothers me shows otherwise I suppose. But I suppose it also bothers me because now it feels like I've wronged her, but I don't really know what I did.
    Any thoughts on why she would do something like this?

I don't believe I've ever provoked her or did anything to deserve this kind of treatment from her...

She is wiping you out of her life. It's over so why keep up to date on FB? When I broke up with my ex I erased her from FB, her emails went direct to spam. IT IS OVER. Move on and find somebody else.

She was a friend that you fell for right? Now that she knows the only reason you were around was because you wanted to get with her, is a big turn off.....it makes her feel awkward and makes her feel that she was just leading you on, by no fault of hers. She's just doing you a favor to help you get over it.
    Never ever be friends with a girl you want to get with. They put you in the friends zone for a reason.....you make yourself too available and you give them your attention as like they if were your GF, for which they are not. It's like putting the cart before the horse. They have to earn your attention. Save the outings for when they are your GF for real.

Sorry to here that my friend. I've had my fair share of those.

A) Facebook is not the be all and end all of communication and relationships. Maybe she blocked you because she is talking to or about someone else that she likes and doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Maybe she blocked you because she decided to trim her friends list to only those she has talked to within the past month. Maybe she blocked you because she wants to close herself off from the outside world and be a hermit. Maybe she blocked you because she thinks you will only keep trying to get with her. Maybe she blocked you because she is a secret agent and is risking your life by having you as her FB friend. The point is, you don't know why she blocked you and you can't ask her, so there is really no point in worrying about it.
    B) She has rejected your advances and you agreed to be friendly if you met up with mutual friends somewhere. That isn't Facebook. That is running into her at a restaurant when you are with friends and she is with friends. She doesn't really want to spend time talking with you alone, even if it is over the computer.
    C) The best advice I can give is to move on and try not to let her actions stress you.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

some people are just like that. i saw a girl for a while, but she drunk dialed me one night and after i ignored her call, she got on facebook, defriended and blocked me.
    who gives a crap though. kinda lame of her... wouldn\'t waste any more time thinking of her.

Quote Originally Posted by dichromatic View Post
    she gave the "I like you but I want to stay friends" thing
    It sucks, but sometimes women won't say what they mean, to avoid hurt feelings. Usually when a woman says the just-friends line, she means that she isn't interested but she doesn't want you to feel bad about it. To actually maintain a friendship after that kind of rejection is usually awkward, and even upsetting once the woman starts dating someone new.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    A) Facebook is not the be all and end all of communication and relationships. Maybe she blocked you because she is talking to or about someone else that she likes and doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Maybe she blocked you because she decided to trim her friends list to only those she has talked to within the past month. Maybe she blocked you because she wants to close herself off from the outside world and be a hermit. Maybe she blocked you because she thinks you will only keep trying to get with her. Maybe she blocked you because she is a secret agent and is risking your life by having you as her FB friend. The point is, you don't know why she blocked you and you can't ask her, so there is really no point in worrying about it.
    B) She has rejected your advances and you agreed to be friendly if you met up with mutual friends somewhere. That isn't Facebook. That is running into her at a restaurant when you are with friends and she is with friends. She doesn't really want to spend time talking with you alone, even if it is over the computer.
    C) The best advice I can give is to move on and try not to let her actions stress you.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for that mate. Excellent analysis. Sound advice.

Obviously, she's done with you and is distancing herself.
    Move on dude, and forget about her.