+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking things for granted

Taking things for granted

Hi there, I'm a newcomer here and I would love to get some advice on how I could personally improve myself. Let me start off by saying that this is a looonnngg story about my life so dont reply if you just read part of it.

I am 19 and I have never had a girlfriend.*Now that doesn't mean I never had girls who were attracted to me. Up till college, I had about 2-3 girls that "liked" me and one of them even wrote me a love note. Being too naive as a kid, I listened to my parents and their rule of "having no girlfriend until college". (if you can't tell already, I'm Asian :p)

When I started college last year. I became desperate to finding a girlfriend after I saw so many couples on campus. I joined clubs, looked on online dating sites and got nothing in return. Ironically though, a friends roommate liked me but I had no physical attraction to her. *Now it's the end of the year and I am still single.

So my big question is this: how do I improve myself so i can get girls attention? At one point I was so desperate that I wanted to slide notes to random girls in class. Talk about juvenile.*I think I have gotten to the point where I just wanted to be in a relationship just so I can experience it.

PS: I think it's also interesting to point out that all the girls that have liked me were either Caucasian or middle-eastern, which I thought was interesting considering I dont see many Asian guy with Caucasian or middle-eastern girl couples. But personally, i do have a thing for Caucasian women.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylefox View Post
    So my big question is this: how do I improve myself so i can get girls attention?
    You didn't really tell us anything about yourself. What exactly do you want to know? Where do you think you need to improve?

Also, you didn't mention anything about you actually asking girls out or taking any sort of initiative, other than joining clubs and "looking" on dating sites. You can't expect stuff to just happen if you don't do anything to make it happen.