+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Makeover Makeover!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Makeover Makeover!

It's been a long term goal of mine to become a little more fashion conscious, which isn't saying much for myself considering I wore my work dickies and military bdu pants with printed t's, hoodie, and work boots even when I wasn't working.

When I was in highschool I didn't give a shit and loved the ruggedness of my clothing, but now that the ruggedness is actually being put to use every day up to 10 hours a day, it's kinda lost it's appeal as an actual going out in the evening style. I'm no longer a lost teenager trying to either fit in with some silly music subculture, or frivolously attempting to stand out from the crowd to make a statement nobody cares about.

So I went out this morning and did some shopping with a gift card and spare change and I think I've managed to come up with enough clothes to adequately conform to the masses!

My g/f had also never been one for looking stylish, and it slowly dawned on me that how she dresses did matter to me. Especially once the honeymoon phase wore off. I want to be proud to show her off. For the most part I held my tongue because I realized I was guilty of the neglect. But after making effort on my own appearance, we discussed it and she's been making progress towards it, too.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DaXJmo9cro&feature=related]YouTube - Clone High- Makeover![/url]
    Last edited by Junket; 27-12-10 at 12:02 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What did you buy?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What did you buy?
    Here I took a few photos:

Last edited by Junket; 27-12-10 at 01:26 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry I had messed up the urls. Anyway, I might return one of the jackets, I'm undecided on that still. That hoodie with the buttons, it looked more blue in the store, now it looks almost black. I'd like to have a little color in what I wear now. I got a few long sleeve t-shirts, which I never used to wear. I know it's not much, but like I said, I used to wear work clothes all the time, so it's quite a change for me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really like what you are wearing in your headless picture. Very nice. Merry Christmas!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i think it all fits very well together... i dress similarly.

I would definitely suggest that you get shoes that are less chunky, like the ones in your second picture which you're also wearing in your third. The reason why is that they make you appear shorter, and I like the first pair of shoes. I think the middle jacket is pretty great; very classy and mature. You're heading in the right direction!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's no good to appear shorter...I'm only 5'5 as it is.

Never thought of my shoes making me look taller or thinner based off their proportions...that's interesting, I'll take note of it.

i dig.
    ____
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Well, think about it this way.
    Girls wear heels because they want their legs to look slimmer, right? And different kinds of heels have different kinds of effects on the eyes. Stilletos are more slimming than wedges. Flats are more slimming than chunky ankle boots.This also applies to guys, when your shoe appears large in proportion to your ankle, you're making your legs look like clubs/stubs instead of lean and a few inches taller