+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Back after 6 months

Back after 6 months

Hi everyone. I was dumped 6 months ago by a girl I dated for 2.5 years out of high school. I came to this forum for therapy before.... if anyone is interested, here is the link to that.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/43986-my-girlfriend-dumped-me-abruptly.html[/url]

Basically tl;dr version -
    Dated 2.5 years, she liked to party, I didn't, locked it down. We were both very needy, kind of pushed our problems to the back of our minds, one day she abruptly dumps me via text. All this happens less than a month before we were to go to university together.

The thread above chronicled about the first month after the breakup. Since then, my life has pretty much been the same it was, except without her. I've been in the same house, same job, same school. I was unable to motivate myself at school, and I failed for the second semester in a row. I am unable to motivate myself at my job - I'm late almost every day. I am having a hard time deciding what I'm going to do with my future.

I still miss my ex every day. Its been a while since I've seen her. She worked at my job, and came back once a month to work in September and October. She hasn't been back since then and I don't think she has a job there anymore. In September I avoided her. In October I was cordial, just said hello - I think it caught her off guard. My friends at work, managers, etc, all said she kept sneaking looks at me. The last time I saw her was at work - 5 of us all working together, having fun, her hiding in the back. It was a good personal victory for myself. Haven't seen or heard from her since.

I'm back on here because I still feel depressed about it. I've been seeing a relationship counselor for about 2 months. This lady helped my mom through her divorce, I like her a lot. We have moved on a bit from talking about my ex and that break up to more working on myself. However, I still do not feel I am over my ex AT ALL. That counselor and another have both stated they think I am experiencing mild, situational depression. They thought A.D.D., maybe, and I've been trying out medicine for it - doesn't do a whole ton for me. I stay up late thinking about my ex - I am pining for her, just not expressing that out loud anymore.

She hasn't tried to talk to me and I haven't tried to talk to her. We both still have each other blocked on facebook (I know because I buckle and check sometimes).

I have closed myself off to all my friends from High School.. none of them live around here anymore. I deleted my facebook entirely. I've tried a dating website, myyearbook.com, with no luck. I have asked 1 girl out, on a whim, to which she said no but it was a huge confidence booster. I still just sit around wishing my ex would call me or something, even though it was a bad relationship for me.

I've learned that she still has pictures of me and her smooching, hanging out, etc. on her facebook. My counselor said to expect that until my ex finds someone new, and ends up deleting them. However its been 6 months, and I just find it odd they would still be up. I untagged myself from all of them months ago. She never returned the promise ring I gave her, or any of my possessions for that matter. I know its a pretty clear indication that she hasn't tried to contact me or anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone's interested in leaving their opinion on this. I don't really have any action planned, it just soothes me to talk about these things and see what other people say about them. I have my own opinions about the pictures, no contact, etc, and I'll wait to share them until after I've seen what others have to say.

Thanks, and sorry for the wall of text.

It really sounds like you may have some depression issues. After all that time, I would've expected you to be a little further along in getting over the emotions from the break up.
    no links in signatures, mmmk?

Yeah, I agree. She is my first true love I would say.. I had an online relationship when I was 15, only lasted a month, and it took me a long time to get over it. But the girl led me on for about 6 months.
    This one was 2.5 years and I had a crush on her all through high school before that. I legitimately thought I was going to marry her.

I dunno, whenever I get attention from a girl now, its easy to forget about my ex. Or even when I'm hanging out with my friends. But if I go too long being alone, I get sad and long for her again.