+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First Date...

First Date...

I just had a first date with a guy I met online and need some advice as to whether or not a second date will happen...

I met this guy online through a reputable site. We emailed once and have texted a few times, and have talked on the phone (for an hour each time or longer on the phone) for about a week. He was in town today (we live about an hour away from one another), so he asked to take me to lunch. Lunch went well, he hugged me when we met and we laughed the entire time. It was a short lunch (hour lunch break), so it was hard to get a feel of whether or not he would want to do it again. During lunch we flirted a bit and when we left he gave me a hug and said "we should do it again sometime." I said sure and told him to drive safe home. He turned around said thanks, and left. I texted him awhile later and just told him thank you for lunch and that I had a good time and hoped we could do it again.

So now the question remains, does it sound like I will hear from him again?

My crystal ball tells me, that you will have to wait and see.

How the heck are we supposed to know if he will want to do it again??? But I don't see why he shouldn't want to see you again and if he'd appeared to have a good time.
    But then I've seen other stories about folks going on a first or even second date, things went awesome and then suddenly one of them will say they just want to be friends, or one of them disappears and doesn't call again.

It's just one of those things that you have to wait out, but I wouldn't stress out too much and if he doesn't call back nor want to do it again. It was just 'one' date after all.

only time will tell pretty much.

If I knew the answer to your stupid question I would play the lottery. How the hell should we know what he's going to do? Why not phone him and tell him you had a nice time and suggest another date?