+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Teen help please!!

Teen help please!!

so im 14. (yes im young i dont know that much about love and stuff like this so im hoping you guys will take your time to read this and help me please.)

So there is this korean girl in our class. she is very adorable, i like her personality. so, i like her alot and her best friend told me she likes me too but im not really sure if its for real. ever since i started having feelings for her, i started getting shy and scared to talk to her and approach her. i noticed she does the same thing when rumors started spreading that i like her but she denies it. ever since that happened we never talk to each other like we dont know each other. but we still text each other alot. so its starting to feel weird and awkward and it drives me crazy lol. so everyday in school i see her and i try to find the right time to talk to her and tell her how i really feel but i never get to do it. so instead, last week, after school i texted her and told her how i feel but then she never replied and thats when things got messed up. she never replied then the next day went to school hoping she would talk to me about it but she never even said a word to me. so i didnt feel like talking to her too. i know she read and received the message cause i heard her and her friend talk about something though they speak in korean i heard my name come up so i felt weird that whole day. so now she probably knows i like her because of the message, and she probably thinks im some jerk and asshole who sent that message saying i like her but i never even talk to her in school... so it really drives me nuts she probably thinks im a joke so she ignores me and she probably doesnt need me anymore like before. now i feel ignored and kinda rejected....
    i regret sending that message to her.. things between us were better when i didnt have feelings for her yet... we used to talk now we dont. i tried to move on and just leave her alone but i cant. shes always on my mind.. i was falling for her but now i feel like crap...

so now, i want to talk to her. lol, i have no idea how i will do it after all this mess happened. i know i should just be confident and just go do it but its so frickin hard. im afraid she might misunderstand me and i dont really know what exactly to say to keep the conversation going. i dont want to talk to her like "hey, the weather has been great lately" something like that coz it will make it feel really awkward. she is korean but she understands english good enough but im afraid if i go talk to her she would just answer me with words like "yes, no, ok" and maybe she would reject me or get a worse impression of me or maybe ignore me again. please tell me what i should say... i will be like "hey...." and she will probably say "yes?" like what she always ses and now i dont know what to say after. please help me... we had something but i was just too afraid and made a mistake. i dont want her to have the wrong impression of me. i want her to be in my life... i really care about her... its ok if she rejects me, i know i will feel bad but id rather be rejected than ignored... i just want us to be cool and friends again. hope you guys understand my situation.
    so please help me in what i should do and how do i talk to her... please take me seriously thanks.
    Last edited by cool_dude27; 13-01-11 at 05:43 AM.

It's real simple dude. Ask her out on a date. Just walk up to her and say "Hey Cute Korean Girl, movie X is coming out, so what do you say we go watch it together?" Then immediately ask her if day X in the week is ok, and tell her you will pick her up/meet up with her, at a certain time and location. And don't say ANYTHING else, except for "cool".
    If you get lucky and get the date, don't DARE talk about your feelings. Just be nice, talk about whatever and let her feel relaxed. Talking about feelings comes later. Good luck!

err.... i dont think thats a good idea.. going out with her isnt an option right now... i just wanna talk to her in school.. but thanks for the advice anyways dguywithabeard.

and today at school felt like crap. again, we dont talk just like the other days.. but thats not all that happened. 2 guys started flirting with her in class.. i felt really jealous and bad.. and those 2 guys are one of my closest friends but they dont know that i have feelings for her. i cant tell them that cause they wont believe me since i dont talk to her, and i dont wanna have beef with them... so one of them is just playing around like what he does with other hot girls but my other friend is doing it seriously like he really has feelings for her too... this really sucks. i dont know what to do. maybe i should just let her go cause i probably lost her already.. i need more advice because its really hard to move on and see her with my close friend.

You are young, 14.

One of the things you will learn is that if you want anything in life, communication in person is important. Your mistake was telling Hot Korean Girl how you felt over text message. To really get through to a girl, you need to tell her what you want confidently using your voice, not fingers, which is a very hard thing to do at your age. I was a mess when it came to girls at 14. I'm 20 now and am finally getting a good understanding of how relationships should work.

One of the things I regret most of my school days was not seeing things thru to the end. I never saw where things could go because I was too afraid and didn't have the confidence. Don't let that happen. You need to find the confidence inside yourself and ask her out to the movies, mall, whatever you like. I think getting away from the stress of school and relaxing with her outside of it would be best. Eliminating your friends from the situation would make you feel better too.

thanks for the advice WTFdilIdo. but i still dont know what to say... thats my problem.

You see her in the hallway. Make eye contact, say Hey Ji-Yun.

Hot Korean Girl: Hey

You: How have you been?

Hot Korean Girl: Good, you?

You: Good, listen, do you want to see a movie on saturday? That new ___ just came out. -------Be specific in your plans, pick a movie and time and day. It shows confidence. Girls like confidence. Or if you want to go to the mall, tell her what you need to pick up and ask her to go with you.

Hot Korean Girl: Sure, that sounds fun!

You: Great! See you then!

err.. asking her out to see a movie or go to a mall or somewhere outside together is not comfortable for her and me right now... she will say no for sure, she still doesnt trust guys to go out with her so dating isnt really an option right now.

So what do you want to happen then?

cool_dude27

If you don't ask her out. You'll never actually know the answer - this is first.
    and second - and really what do you want to happen, if you just sit and do nthn to get her ))

i said i want to talk to her in school... she wont go out with any guy since she isnt used to it yet and she wont be allowed since her mom is protective. i just want to talk to her but i dont know what to say to fix our situation.

send her a text that you would like to talk to her in private. choose some place to meet in school ))) give her only one red rose. and say that you like her... and think that she is the most beautiful girl you've ever met. you can even say that you are also shy and has hesitated much before doing it ....
    or you can ask her to go to school together. and just talk about random things, just two of you. what music you like or etc. make a friendly conversation to make her get used to you )))) and this may be done several times and then go to my first advice ))

screw this. we talk sometimes but she seems more interested in my friend.. errr i guess ill just deal with it and leave her with him as long as shes happy.. she probably doesnt need me.. but ill still be there for her if she needs me...