+ Follow This Topic

Thread: London/UK/Western world dating culture

London/UK/Western world dating culture

Dear forum members!
    Pls, help me to solve cultural problem.
    I love to go to cinema with girls. Now I live in London. And I would like to ask 2 questions:
    1. Is it ok in London (UK, or any other Western world country) to take girl’s hand in my hand during watching movie in cinema at first date?
    2. Is it ok in London (UK, or any other Western world country) to kiss a girl inside cinema while sitting and watching movie at first date?
    I am from Russia and in my country it is ok when you like girl to try take girl’s hand and kiss her if she responses positively? However I do not know if it is acceptable in western feminized society and do not wanna be look foolish here in England or USA.

I would be grateful to you if you answer my question
    Thank you.

1. Is it ok in London (UK, or any other Western world country) to take girl’s hand in my hand during watching movie in cinema at first date?
    2. Is it ok in London (UK, or any other Western world country) to kiss a girl inside cinema while sitting and watching movie at first date?
    Because I'm with you at the cinema, means I find you attractive, or else I wouldn't have accepted your invitation to the cinema.

So yeah, it would be ok to do those things with me and I'm from UK.

(1) Yes of course.
    (2) Yes of course.

However this depends on the chemistry you two have.
    I mean if you just met up at the cinema with no prior meets, or talks then I would say NO to both 1 and 2.
    Attraction, chemistry both play a role in this. However you don't do 1 or 2 if it's just for an experiment to see
    if she responds "positively." A woman's attraction for a man is very obvious, so if it isn't there: don't do it unless you like reddish cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Because I'm with you at the cinema, means I find you attractive, or else I wouldn't have accepted your invitation to the cinema.

So yeah, it would be ok to do those things with me and I'm from UK.
    Oh, thank you. I got your point!

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    (1) Yes of course.
    (2) Yes of course.

However this depends on the chemistry you two have.
    I mean if you just met up at the cinema with no prior meets, or talks then I would say NO to both 1 and 2.
    Attraction, chemistry both play a role in this. However you don't do 1 or 2 if it's just for an experiment to see
    if she responds "positively." A woman's attraction for a man is very obvious, so if it isn't there: don't do it unless you like reddish cheeks.
    Thank you for good piece of advice. I always try my best to identify woman's attitude to my personality. But sometimes I do mistake whether she treats me as just a friend to go to cinema or future boyfriend. However, I'll try to track chemistry between us before doing so, not to hurt her.

Hi, I am a newcommer in the UK as well, so can't really answer for sure.

I just wanted to comment, that it's better to use first date as a time to communicate and get to know each other. Unless you talked a lot before, I would suggest to keep cinema for later dates. Also, you will be more certain about girl's intentions. If I spent only an hour or two with a guy and he holds my hand/kisses me in the cinema, I would feel like we are kids who try to pretend being an adult couple.

In my experience british guys were careful with touches/kisses on first dates. Maybe that's just me or my experience, because I heard that normally brits are rather quick at that.
    Anyway, don't worry, I believe that you, being russian, know how to treat a lady on a date

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll View Post

In my experience british guys were careful with touches/kisses on first dates. Maybe that's just me or my experience, because I heard that normally brits are rather quick at that.
    )
    Uhm yeah they are.....least all the ones I've known and the ones me and my girls talked about were and Im British born and bred, lol

British men tend to be aggressive and aren't shy in going for what they want. Well ooop North anyway.

Southern guys are perhaps a bit wussier.

Quote Originally Posted by Waverly View Post
    But sometimes I do mistake whether she treats me as just a friend to go to cinema or future boyfriend.
    See this is a reason why I wouldn't accept an invite from a guy I wouldn't view as 'relationship material'....it sends off a wrong impression.

Despite the fact I may view him as relationship material though, doesn't mean he will automatically become my boyfriend. Other things such as personality, traits, etc come into play and after the attraction and if your personality etc doesn't match your looks, it's going nowhere.