+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Found out my Ex-Girlfriend was cheating...Now what?

Found out my Ex-Girlfriend was cheating...Now what?

I'll try to make this short. My ex girlfriend dumped me on new years eve. She said we were going to break up because it was all my fault. I just didn't appeal to her anymore and we argued a lot. Since the breakup, I have been seeing her on and off again as friends. Nothing more. After a couple days, I wanted to break off all contact, but she kept on wanting to hang out and remain friends.

Whenever we did hang out though, she seemed really distant. She did not want to stand close to me, give me any eye contact at all, etc. The weird thing is...she would say a lot of innuendos to me, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. If she was going to act like this, I don't know why she wanted to stay as friends. This made me really suspicious.

Well, she completely forgot that I know her password to her email account. I actually never had the desire to go into her emails because I trusted her so much, and honestly, I would hate it if someone would look into my email account. I'm glad I did it though, because the one time I did go into her email, I saw a draft that was addressed to her best guy friend. She basically said in the email that she felt bad about being with me even though she had feelings for her best guy friend. And that's why she had to let me go. The email also stated that she had feelings for him for years while we were together. I do count that as cheating.

Another note, her best guy friend has a girlfriend. She admitted in the letter that they were flirting with each other, and that she liked her best friend, but did not want to get in the way of his relationship. It was a very confusing letter. Basically stated that she likes him, but will not pursue with him if his current relationship is important to him. It was a very confusing email.

Anyways, I was furious about this, and confronted her about the issue, but did not tell her where I found the evidence. She kept on denying the fact, and even got angry at me for accusing her of such actions. I texted her later on that night to just stop lying and be done with it. She still kept on denying everything. I was actually texting her a lot...saying, "why would you do this to me?" I believe they call it text terrorism. That was my fault.

I did not talk to my ex for a day or so. I finally emailed my ex again explaining why she is so selfish, and that what she is doing to me is very evil not fessing up to her own actions. She emailed me back saying that I am seriously disturbed, and do not contact her ever again. Until I have solid evidence, I could not say that she was wrong.

I finally wrote an email back saying that I saw the letter that she addressed to her best guy friend. I told her I felt sorry for looking at her email, but I just had a hunch that something was going on because she was not acting like herself.

I then texted her the next day, saying that I am going over to her apartment, and getting all of my belongings. I left the key under the mat. I was still so furious that I actually took back a gift I gave to her 2 years ago. I texted her one last time that she did not deserve the gift anymore because she cheated and lied to me.

She has not contacted me since proving her wrong about cheating on me. I know if I was in her position, I would fess up and apologize for my actions even though I was caught red handed. Am I giving my ex girlfriend too much credit? All I am looking for is an apology and then we can go on with our lives. Is she feeling guilty, embarrassed, or pissed that I went into her email account? What should I do? Wait a couple days to see if she will call me, or just give her a call now? All I am looking for is closure to a relationship. I don't despise her or anything, just want things resolved now, so maybe in the future we can be friends again.

LET IT GO! People can't help the way they feel. She had feelings for this guy so instead of continually doing it behind your back she did the right thing by cutting you loose. Relationships come and go, this one is done, now leave her alone. Leave the past behind you and move on.