+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mistakes

sadie_genie Guest

Mistakes

I don't know what is wrong with my lately but I have been making lots of mistakes in life (big and small). I don't really want to discuss them in detail since I wouldn't expect people to try to resolve them for me one by one. The only thing left for me to do now is just to forgive myself, move on, and work on improvement (which will take a heck alot of work). I can't sleep at night because of my troubles and worries. I am looking for something to ease my mind so I can work on those things with confidence. The fear of failure is taking too much of my time and energy. What do YOU do to take troubles off your mind? Please don't tell me to get drunk. I am not much of a drinker.

Well, compartmentalizing them is usually the best. Actively fix the ones that can be fixed at the moment, and for the ones you can't do nothing about, acknowledge that there's not much to do about it as a way to get it off your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Please don't tell me to get drunk.
    Then I have no advice for you. : P

But here are other things to do: Work out. Bake some cookies. Read a book. Watch a compelling movie or documentary. I suggest a film called Sometimes in April. It will probably make you bawl and hate the human race but it will help you to remember your problems aren't so big.

sadie_genie Guest
    Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to waste my life worrying; I want to enjoy life. Lately, I have been informed that my old Biology teacher is dying from cancer and only still have a few days or weeks to live. Me and a number of ex students of his receive occasional updates about him online from his partner. It seems like he is trying to enjoy life for these last days of his life, listening to music, enjoying food, reading books aloud to each other, and just doing things he love to do. It is really touching to see someone trying to enjoy the few of days that is left of his life. It makes me feel so grateful that I still have my life and my youthfulness.It makes me tear up a bit. How often do you take time to work and worry and how much time do you take to enjoy life? It makes me think.

I think this is a normal phase in everyone's life (when you feel that nothing is working as it should and you're overwhelmed). You'll see that some problems will go away in time, and their importance will fade. What kind of mistakes are you talking about? Maybe you feel guilty and that's why you can't sleep at night? Anyway, I'm sure there are many ways in which you can improve your current situation.

If you keep focusing on mistakes and worry, then the mistake and anxious will keep on appear in your life.. Enjoy yourself, think of the things that makes you feel joyful

I'm happy to see that you feel grateful because you still have your life and your youthfulness, so why make life so hard? Just be yourself, do whatever you want

firstly you are not the only one, i have made so many mistakes in the past 10 years, mistakes with job opportunities, relationships, sex/girls opportunities, mistakes in treating my family and friends etc, i used to be worried and pissed off about what happened in the past, couldn't sleep and was miserable, but i reached a point that i was like 'you know what? past is past, you can not change it'

so try to learn from your mistakes and try not to make the same mistakes again, and also try to fix the ones you can fix,

also the way i keep my mind off it is mainly gym(working out is a great way to feel good) and working 6-7 days a week, and also talking to my friends

find out what causes the mistakes. If it can be helped, correct it. if not, then everybody makes mistakes, it's only human.

Well this type of problem is usually very simple, but very complex at the same time. You did stuff that you aren't very proud of, but it's already been done and there's no turning back. The only way for you to truly feel free is for you to forgive yourself. Adversity only strengthens a person. A wise person learns from past experiences and does not commit the same mistake. Learn from your mistakes and promise yourself that they're in the past and that they WILL STAY IN THE PAST! Oh, and what I do to ease tension and relieve stress is to workout. I call up my buddy and we'll go pump some iron at the gym to relieve the hidden anger and energy. Afterwards, we usually grab a bite to eat or something.

The good thing about being a failure is that it is so easy to become less of a failure. Take baby steps towards improving your life. There are always set backs. But if you know what you want and concentrate on moving forward, you can always make progress. The key is to focus on the progress.

If you want to stop worrying, the best way is to learn some simple techniques.

When we worry about anything, we are making pictures or hearing words in our head, which in turn,
    cause the 'bad' feelings (worry, fear, stress, anxiety etc).
    For you to 'worry' about anything, you have to think it first.
    I know it's easy to explain and harder to do but you have to 'learn to detach' a little
    from your thoughts which are causing the bad feelings.

This does take a little investment of time, but like anything, what you practice you become better at.

Read a little about NLP or TFT to take away worry. There is loads of free info out there.

CraigT
    aneed4change