+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too many mistakes.

Too many mistakes.

Ok, this is an extremely long story. First, in this, there are 4 mattering people. There are john, kyle, jesse, and ashley. Me(kyle) and jesse are currently in 7th grade. John and ashley are ninth graders. I know im young, but please dont send me stiff like "youre too young to be dating anyway."

Ok, so about a year ago in january, me and ashley were dating. We made a great couple and alot of people got that. We dated for a bit more than 3 months. We had already been saying to each other that we loved each other (and i honestly think i did) and hugging, but hadnt kissed. Right after our 3 month anniversary, we kissed. I was extremely confused and excited about this. But while we were dating, jesse started to want to go out with me. I thought that i might like her, and in the confusion with ashley, had no idea what to do. So stupidly, i broke up with ashley on aim(TERRIBLE mistake.) Her and all of her friends hated me for about a month after that. And to make this situation even worse, jesse broke up with me in two weeks!

So anyway, eventually me and ashley got past our problems and started to be friends again. She has moved on to many people since than, and is now dating john.

Well, tonight, i saw them both at a superbowl party. I hung out wuth them both alot and had a great time. The reason that this is bad is because after the party, i started thinking. At the time of all of this happening, i was very confused, and had thought that jesse and me would make a better couple. But now, i feel that i am still in love with ashley. I really think that i need to talk to her about it, but what should i say???

Please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whell231 View Post
    Ok, this is an extremely long story. First, in this, there are 4 mattering people. There are john, kyle, jesse, and ashley. Me(kyle) and jesse are currently in 7th grade. John and ashley are ninth graders. I know im young, but please dont send me stiff like "youre too young to be dating anyway."

Ok, so about a year ago in january, me and ashley were dating. We made a great couple and alot of people got that. We dated for a bit more than 3 months. We had already been saying to each other that we loved each other (and i honestly think i did) and hugging, but hadnt kissed. Right after our 3 month anniversary, we kissed. I was extremely confused and excited about this. But while we were dating, jesse started to want to go out with me. I thought that i might like her, and in the confusion with ashley, had no idea what to do. So stupidly, i broke up with ashley on aim(TERRIBLE mistake.) Her and all of her friends hated me for about a month after that. And to make this situation even worse, jesse broke up with me in two weeks!

So anyway, eventually me and ashley got past our problems and started to be friends again. She has moved on to many people since than, and is now dating john.

Well, tonight, i saw them both at a superbowl party. I hung out wuth them both alot and had a great time. The reason that this is bad is because after the party, i started thinking. At the time of all of this happening, i was very confused, and had thought that jesse and me would make a better couple. But now, i feel that i am still in love with ashley. I really think that i need to talk to her about it, but what should i say???

Please help me.
    Infatuation phase dude.

Whell231,
    Adam and Evelyn here. First of all, we would like to register our disappointment at UKboy's response. We're in college! We're not that much older than you! In fact, Evelyn's boyfriend is practically your age!

But listen, we know what it's like to really love someone. Even though your young, even if it may not last for a very long time, it's still real. And we get that, bra.

Tell Ashley that you were confused. You're allowed to be. Don't say you love her right away though, you don't want to seem too desperate. Explain to her that what you felt for jesse was fleeting and not real. Everybody gets little crushes and that's what this was. Tell Ashley that you want the real thing with her, and you want to be hers, exclusively, and vice versa. Girls eat that shyyt up.

Good luck, son.

~Adam and Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by alason View Post
    Whell231,
    Adam and Evelyn here. First of all, we would like to register our disappointment at UKboy's response. We're in college! We're not that much older than you! In fact, Evelyn's boyfriend is practically your age!

But listen, we know what it's like to really love someone. Even though your young, even if it may not last for a very long time, it's still real. And we get that, bra.

Tell Ashley that you were confused. You're allowed to be. Don't say you love her right away though, you don't want to seem too desperate. Explain to her that what you felt for jesse was fleeting and not real. Everybody gets little crushes and that's what this was. Tell Ashley that you want the real thing with her, and you want to be hers, exclusively, and vice versa. Girls eat that shyyt up.

Good luck, son.

~Adam and Evelyn
    What is love?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Indignant, you're our favorite. Just as long as you're not actually homophobic.

Indignant, you're our favorite. Just as long as you're not actually homophobic.
    ha ha, that might change in less than 5 minutes. i am not homophobic at all.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Whell231,

Actually, you're giving about the worst advice to him that you can. Rather than help him develop healthy dating habits, you're suggesting that he pursue a woman who is already in a relationship rather than respect that she is in a relationship and move on.

Feelings of love or not, you have to respect the boundaries of those you care about. Which includes not interfering with that person's existing relationship. UK Boy had it right, he was remembering the past and the general level of comfort he felt. It happens quite often. It's why a lot of people take people back after break-ups. They're too scared to pursue what's new.

The guy is in 7th grade. He should be dating many women so that he can get an idea of what he does, and does not like in a partner. So that he can understand what a healthy developed dating life is, in order to better apply that to longer term relationships when he is older.

Nobody is doubting the intensity of his feelings. We've all been that age, and know what it feels like.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."