+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love/Obsession? Do I need to move on?

Love/Obsession? Do I need to move on?

Hi. Okay, here's the story: I was involved in an intense crush at "first sight" and when I realized this person was a friend of a friend, I got to know him a little. I knew he had a girlfriend and had been with her for some years, so I would not interupt such. Several years passed, I still felt the same. I wanted to tell him how I felt before moving away from college and was convinced I would do so at a party a friend (his roomate) threw for me. The scene that evening was only comparable to what I've seen in "the movies." -- I was alone with him, talking, and he ended up telling me FIRST, how he felt, which was IDENTICAL to what I was going to tell him. We were wildly amazed at this and I found his girlfriend had broken up w/ him some time before. So, I had the chance to get to know him better for the next several months during weekly visits and multiple daily phone calls. It was so mutual. He is amazing and so unlike others. So, after this went on so wonderfully for 2 months, he began to grow appart and gradually broke it off with me saying he needed a break from relationships. I am still utterly confused (this was approximately 10 months ago), eventhough i have talked with him. I have convinced myself I am over him many times but it all comes back to the feelings knowing I am not at all over him. He has a new girlfriend now and I've even had another boyfriend in the meantime (of which lasted only one month and all I could think of was the first "crush"). Could this be love or could this be obsession on my part? If obsession is a possibility, I would like to learn of this and convince myself to back off once-and-for-all, since that's not healthy. I am accepting of his new girlfriend and do feel I need to control him. We are still friends and see one another from time to time. He shows small acts of flirtation once-in-a-while. I still remained confused. I am almost convinced he never did loose those feelings for me and has been going through confusion. Another possibility is that he was in anguish over loosing his girlfriend of 6 years, so being around me created comfort from the pain, in which increased the intensity of feelings for me... and once he realized he still missed his ex-, reality set in (eventhough he said all that was felt for me was true). I know reading this description can only fill a portion of the full description but, if you have any similar situations, etc... I'd love to hear your take on this or personal experiences that are similar. (or relevant questions). I have been in approx. 5 relationships in my life and went on a 3 year break before this one... I felt truely TRUE about this one, I don't mess around w/ multiple relationships. The Love/Obsession factor I do wonder about. I don't want to obsess over someone. And, if you've read this far, thanks for your time!!! Best Wishes to you all!!!

King Zarathu Guest
    More like infatuation..

For some sick ass perverted disgusting reasons, humans tend to want things that they cannot have, and **** up what they always have had.

Advice: get a man with a 16 inch dick.. it'll help you get over it.

Translation from Man to Woman: Find somebody else that you can truly love. It will help.