+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with a girl who is about to move

In love with a girl who is about to move

I have a love related problem.

I met "my"girl trough a common interest and I really liked her as soon as I got to know her. I asked her out a while ago. We went to see a show and it was great fun, but I felt she wasn't that interested in me.
    So I never asked her out again, even though I wanted to. I talk to her regularly and I see her often so we have a good and friendly relationship. I think about her every day and I feel that I'm more and more in love.The problem is that she is leaving for almost a year to a different country in a couple of days. I'm so unsure if I should tell her what I feel, let her go, ask her on a final date.... I just don't know what to do. A long distance relationship can't be easy, but I want her to know that I'll wait for her. She really looks forward to going away and she has almost never taken a initiative to contact me or do anything. I often wonder if she doesn't like me at all. I don't want her to find another, I've never met a girl like her and I can't stand that thougth.

I just want the best for the both of us, I'm just thinking that starting a relationship before she leaves isn't very healthy for us, but on the other side....

Advice would be appreciated.

(Excuse me if my writing isn't that great, english is not my primary language). Thank you.

I can't offer any help, but I just came here to say I'm sort of in a similar situation, so... Expect a large amount of people here to tell you to move on and just forget about her. 'Course, it's never that easy; hell, for me, the girl I'm interested in, I've been in love with her for years, now, and I still can't bring myself to "get over" her. :/

I'm not going to give up on her just like that.... :/

Well, you have two options. Either to tell her how you feel now or wait for her to come back and tell her then. If you tell her how you feel now, it's unlikely she will recipricate because she's going away, however if you tell her when she comes back she might already be seeing someone else.

It's your choice which way to go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Give it a try...

First thing to ask is... is that really love? Not necessary that i'm questioning how you feel about her, but I just wanted you to realize if what you feel for her is real love... If that so... go for it! What are you waiting for? Tell her that you love her while she was still here. While it was not too late for you to express how you really feel. It is better to tell her before she leave so that you will be able to know if she feel the same way too. Who knows if she also loves you. You might be worried of a long distance relationship., and maybe too hard but if you have trust with each other you will be able to work things out. If you are meant for each other God will find a way for both of you to be with each others arm again.. So don't miss the chance.... Good luck!

Remember "it is better to try and failed than failed without trying"
    [url]http://yannysinlove.blogspot.com/[/url]

Hello Yanny.

Can you clarify what you mean?

To be honest I keep falling in and out of love with her. Yesterday I had written her a message asking her out, but I just couldn't send it to her. I just saw her today, but ignored her. I went to sleep thinking of what to do and I woke up thinking the same.

I just want to do the rigth thing. I know if I don't do anything I will regret it....

this sucks :|

I don't think he's gonna clarify anything because I think all he's doing is giving some generic advice in order to not get his post deleted...his post containing his signature containing a link to his blog-thing. I'm about 90% sure he's using your thread as a framework to advertise his site.

Mishanya, however, will give you thoughtful, tailored advice, and answer questions you might have about it, though his thoughts and opinions you might not want to hear.

And I'm really more of a troll than a human, so I'm more or less incapable of generating anything useful.
    Last edited by Aegis; 31-07-08 at 07:22 PM.

With one day left I talked to her. I wanted to see if she wanted to see me before she left. The thing is she can't. Now I didn't directly but I told her "it will be a long time till I see you again". "You'll see me next year" like it didn't matter...

So now I'm not sure if I should do anything else....

Probably not, you might just want to cut your losses on this one and move on for now. Next year when she comes back, if you're both single you can pursue her again. But you'd be doing yourself a disservice to wait for her and not meet other girls while she's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanny View Post
    If you are meant for each other God will find a way for both of you to be with each others arm again.. So don't miss the chance.... Good luck!
    I would actually hope that he already is with his arm, I mean it would suck to have only one arm
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ok, so she is moving tomorrow. I sent her a message and said I hoped she would have a nice year, I didn't want to do anything more.

365 days from today till she comes back... that's a long time

EDIT: I hope that anyone in the same situation will do something about it. I regret everything and I really really miss her now....
    Last edited by FiFaFom; 02-08-08 at 08:54 PM.