+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it more than friendship....

is it more than friendship....

I had a bad marriage and and we are on the verge of getting split and we are no more living together.
    I've had a married friend who is close to me and she knows pretty much everything about my marriage and its current status. She has also discussed couple of things regarding her relationship. (which I'm sure she has not done to anyone)
    We have been friends together for almost 3 years now and I now consider her as a very close friend of mine and now I have got very close and attached to her at an emotional level. I know its a bit weird but I also started to have feelings for her now, i think of her as a person with whom i can share all my stuff, and think of her as just more than a good companion / friend of late.
    After telling her that I have split with my wife and we are soon to get divorced, she had been advising me to take time before i get into the next relationship and also tells me about the girl that would suit me and sometimes tell me that only matured girl similar to her could handle me.
    I just don't know if this is just friendship between us and is it the same way she also looks at this. advice needed....

Just because your relationship is over does not mean hers is she is Married still
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

If she's trying to matchmake and wants to introduce you to her friend, then she just sees you as a friend.

Plus what Sweet says - your marriage may be over, hers is not.

Whether or not you have feelings for another person is IRRELEVANT: SHE is taken and is committed to someone else, not you, k?
    You've had many failed relationships and now a seemingly failed marriage (regardless who did what) and you shouldn't be confiding in a married woman for consolation.

You need to be over your wife and get closure: and then you are able to give someone else your full and undivided attention: of which they deserve.
    Curb your selfish feelings of coveting your neighbor's wife and focus on yourself and do what makes you happy...Confide in MALE friends: not women...Why?

Read your post again, that is why.

I'm not hitting at her at all, just that we were close friends and it happened that we shared few of our problems between us. It happened to be that we were close friends i always had felt that maybe a girl like her would have made a perfect partner and i did not mean her itself.
    True that i should not have feelings for someone who is committed and it is not ethical too, but as i said Im not hitting at her at all.
    Yes both me and my wife done and closure isn't far away.
    Not true never had a relationship or a failed one before my marriage....

dear friend you dint told about your children. see if you have them then don't go for the 2nd marriage but if there is no then you can take that girl as an option.

No children.
    @xxazurexx No she doesn't have any friends whom she wants to hook me up with; even she expressed this during a casual chat.
    But how do i know that she could be interested in me, and as i said I don't want to hit at her first; only if she has interest then maybe i will think about the next step.
    Because i also value the friendship between us and i don't want to break that trust by saying anything weird. Only if she expresses or has any interest then i will proceed, but how do i know that if she is interested.

She is a MARRIED WOMAN....there ISN'T a next step with you, you homewrecking cad!!!

You stick around and because you want more from her....you are NOT a genuine friend.

If she was interested, she'd leave her husband and end her marriage.

You' re too lonely now..time to date and see what's out there...you're building all this stuff up because she's there and emotionally available to you...

Don't go wrecking a home because of fear of loneliness...everyone is gonna be alone at some point, you will get out, meet new people, experience the brutal word of dating again but it will be your own battle in the world to find someone available and loving for you.

This woman is taken.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by luckynow View Post
    I'm not hitting at her at all, just that we were close friends and it happened that we shared few of our problems between us. It happened to be that we were close friends i always had felt that maybe a girl like her would have made a perfect partner and i did not mean her itself.
    True that i should not have feelings for someone who is committed and it is not ethical too, but as i said Im not hitting at her at all.
    Yes both me and my wife done and closure isn't far away.
    Not true never had a relationship or a failed one before my marriage....
    So you are saying your wife was your first EVERYTHING? If this is true: your experience is zero, and everyone here has the experience and the know-how to understand what is going on: even if you don't

Close friends does NOT = a possible future together.
    Sure, it's cool and normal to speculate on what "could have been" with someone else, but the fact is: SHE is a perfect partner to and for someone else, not you.
    You shouldn't be leaning on someone that is taken...She has her own issues to deal with.

Each relationship has problems if you dig deep enough...
    It's not your place to play Dr. Phil with her relationship while yours is doomed.
    Confide in someone else, like a father, brother or male friend...NOT a woman. Not this woman.
    You have confessed here you are emotionally compromised (with a married woman) while still being married to another woman who doesn't love you.