+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why do people prevent me from getting friends?

why do people prevent me from getting friends?

Why don't people follow healthy behaviour properly? Why do people prevent me from getting friends?

How exactly do people prevent you from getting friends?
    What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
    Hecato, Greek philosopher
    www.coachhollywood.com - Los Angeles Life and Business Coach

From my experiences, friends, or lack there of, are a product of you, and who you are.

Such a broad question, only has one rather narrow answer.
    I doubt it's 'they' who stop you from getting friends.
    Green!

I've got bad news for you: YOU prevent yourself from getting friends.
    Not other people. B-laming other people= lame.

I felt the same way you did mammadon, as I had terrible difficulty with friends as well. I remember thinking it is a 'dog eat dog' world and I had to be on the alert. Then I learnt how to change the way I felt about myself and the way I perceived other people. This really empowered me and blew my mind at the same time. I learnt that as I began to love me for who I was, people stopped attacking me. I learnt how to use my "Intent of Action" to get the best out of people. We have so much going on in our subconscious mind that we are unaware of and it can really have an impact upon the way people treat us.
    I do not think you are to blame for one second. I was bullied for 29 years by 'friends' and I was not to blame for any of that . I believe you need to be empowered.
    Take care - and you are not alone, nor strange, nor any other negative name people may have insinutated over your life.
    Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I felt the same way you did mammadon, as I had terrible difficulty with friends as well. I remember thinking it is a 'dog eat dog' world and I had to be on the alert. Then I learnt how to change the way I felt about myself and the way I perceived other people. This really empowered me and blew my mind at the same time. I learnt that as I began to love me for who I was, people stopped attacking me. I learnt how to use my "Intent of Action" to get the best out of people. We have so much going on in our subconscious mind that we are unaware of and it can really have an impact upon the way people treat us.
    I do not think you are to blame for one second. I was bullied for 29 years by 'friends' and I was not to blame for any of that . I believe you need to be empowered.
    Take care - and you are not alone, nor strange, nor any other negative name people may have insinutated over your life.
    Carolyn

The OP can only be empowered by their own self. Not me, you or anyone who gives them advice.
    But...since you brought it up: how can you someone empower their self: when they do not take responsibility and own up to what OTHERS *made* him feel???

Fact is; no one makes YOU feel anything.
    The OP chose, just like you chose, just like *I* chose to let those bullies dictate our (way of) life.

I personally don't buy about 50% of the 'I was bullied' lines.
    -Usually- it's insecure people who get bullied. In most cases, bullying is simply handled wrongly, and while it may or not be the 'fault' of anyone, the solution to almost every case of bullying isn't dealing with the bully, it's teaching the 'victim' how to stop being a victim.

I was a selective bully (I was a control freak, and as long as I had someone to control I felt good), and I was picked on at various stages of my youth.
    I didn't say bullied, because beyond elementary, I never had any issues with being bullied because I had learned how to deal with my own securities. At least when it came to other people.

I don't know what it is exactly, but I've known many ex-bullied people, and those that didn't learn how to deal with it as a youth, are usually still insecure, or pricks.
    Green!

I don't think people can prevent you from having friends. It's just like people can't make you angry also. There is no "prevent *INSERT YOUR NAME HERE* from having friends" button on the back of your head that other people can switch on. You just have to ignore what other people are attempting to do and talk to some people! And those people who are trying to prevent you from having friends are probably insecure!

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    I personally don't buy about 50% of the 'I was bullied' lines.
    -Usually- it's insecure people who get bullied. In most cases, bullying is simply handled wrongly, and while it may or not be the 'fault' of anyone, the solution to almost every case of bullying isn't dealing with the bully, it's teaching the 'victim' how to stop being a victim.

I was a selective bully (I was a control freak, and as long as I had someone to control I felt good), and I was picked on at various stages of my youth.
    I didn't say bullied, because beyond elementary, I never had any issues with being bullied because I had learned how to deal with my own securities. At least when it came to other people.

I don't know what it is exactly, but I've known many ex-bullied people, and those that didn't learn how to deal with it as a youth, are usually still insecure, or pricks.
    lol. why is it in modern society, we seem to think that an aggressor has the right to be so, and the victim must take fully responsibility?

I agree that the victim should take some responsibility in that issue. Nonetheless, I think as human beings we have the ability to recognise the effects of our actions. Human relationships could not exist without it.

As for the OP, what do these people do as such? Do they tell others not to hang about with you? If so, then why?