+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move on and break her heart?

Should I move on and break her heart?

I am 31 I have been with my girlfriend (30) or about 18 months now. I moved in after about 8 months so we share her flat together.

When we met we didn't really date much just jumped into a relationship and doing everything together.

She is a really nice person but sometimes I think I have fallen out of love with her. I don't really look forward to seeing her and kind of think she is an annoyance. Trouble is she is a really nice, loyal and loving girl.

The main problem (I think) is that we don't have a lot in common, so
    - I struggle to think of anything other than going for a meal that we both like doing together
    - I want more time on my own to do things that I want to do but she just wants to hang out with me
    - I am starting to resent her for taking my time and not doing anything interesting with it
    - We are now arguing quite a bit
    - When I hang out with my family/friends I feel happier than I do with her
    - I can't really see a future together and I think that means I am not making enough effort

We have talked about it a few times but nothing seems to change, and I guess this is because we are just being ourselves and can't change that? I suggested a break a while ago but somehow she talked me round.

I am starting to worry about it a lot and I have started to think about leaving her.

I am scared of doing the wrong thing or expecting too much. I feel so bad because she relies on me a lot, and is a really lovely girl. And she really loves me and I don't want to break her heart.

What questions should I be asking myself?
    What would you do?

Big thanks for your time reading this, if anything is too sketchy then please ask me for more info

So the main reason you're with her is because you don't want to hurt her by breaking up with her? It's preferable that she stays in a relationship with someone who doesn't seem to enjoy her company all that much?

Yeah, breaking up will hurt her, but she'll eventually get over it. If she's as good a girlfriend as you say she is, then let her be with someone who will appreciate that. She will be happier in the long run.