+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30ish single women don't exist

30ish single women don't exist

I have come to believe that there are no single women who are in there thirties. I have never met one, or even seen one. Every woman at this age has either a ring on her finger or a guy on her arm. I would love to ask all of you to name three thirtysomething single women that you know, but this is not logical. I don't know any of you, so I couldn't tell if you were just making up names or not.

I think that this myth is created by the marketing and media conglomerates to perpetuate the multi-million dollar dating industry. Television is inundated with the images of the single woman desparately seeking someone to spend time with. This is a lie. If a woman is single, it only lasts for a short time. I believe that it is relatively simple for women to meet men. They are in control of the dating environment and they know it. Therefore, they can be selective and re-enter the relationship zone rather quickly. In contrast, since men still outnumber women in our society, we have a greater pressure of competition. It is becoming almost fruitless for some of us men to even attempt to enter the dating scene again because women have the luxury of being judgemental.

I know that many women out there are thinking that I am just a bitter mysogynist who has been rejected too many times, and perhaps this is true. However, I feel that I am a man of quality, and yet I don't even get a second glance, and the first one is down the nose.

So, in conclusion, women quit your lamantations of the nonexistance of good men. We are out there, you are just too selective.

That's not true. Im 34 and was single for 5 years. I didnt have anyone in my life, and yes the times are now that we can be selective. I have been on a few blind dates and they sucked. Im in an area of all retirement. That limits the process of even trying to find someone to date whose half way decent.

Just as you say there are some of you decent men left, well there are those of women are out there that are decent too! There are no decent men left in my little county. Shoot Im dating someone from another STATE! Yea its kinda funny but so true that some of us women dont think decent guys exist anymore just as guys say the same thing.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Like Squirrel said, all the single girls out there are complaining that there aren't enough single guys their age. As a guy you have a little easier since you COULD potentially date a girl that's in her twenties and it'd be more accepted in society than the other way around.

Just continue trying to meet that. For an over-thirty situation, people KNOW it's hard and that's why there are such things as singles cruises, singles dances, etc. etc. Give it a shot.

That's so not true!

What's not true skye?

Then go for someone in their late 20's!

Zneman321

I feel for you, I’m in the same boat as you.

I’m 33, been single and dateless for the past 9 years. I’ve asked out numerous ladies in the past, most tell me how thoughtful and flattering, me asking them out is/was, then open into this story about how happy and content they are in their current relationship.

I’ve been turned down 10 out of 10 times, and three times I was told either directly or indirectly that I was just not very attractive and that was pretty demoralizing to say the least.

I feel as though I am slow giving up, once I was all gung-ho about dating, asking ladies out, meeting new and wonderful females, now I just don’t care anymore if it happens it happens, if it don’t oh well I was preordain to die alone.

The only two things that are guaranteed in this life is death and taxes, beyond that we play the lottery, some win, some lose and some cannot afford to even buy a ticket.

Peace brother
    Most of us know why we're alone...what we don't know is why we can't seem to do anything about it.

It's pretty known that girls mature a little bit faster then guys...
    But guys are like a good bottle of wine, we get better with age !

I would definitely agree with downwithlove, perhaps someone in the late 20s...
    To be honest, I really don't think age is that much of a difference, it really depends on the two people and how they relate.

Two 50 yr olds could still act like a pair of teenagers, but if they're happy together and they satisfy each other's needs, more power to them =)

HEY!
    I am single and 32 soon to be 33 .. so .. that blows that theory out of the water.. lol..
    ~ Jane
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

i have a theory that it's all about location. for instance, i have been all over this country and noticed that there are more single people in some places than others. los angeles is full of couples. you see very few single people there. but in new york (perhaps this inspired sex and the city) there is a high proportion of single people teeming all over the sidewalks and subways. here where i live, there are a lot of single people but the guys don't talk to girls, they are too shy. either that or they hate women, sometimes i wonder. maybe you just don't live in the right place. move to new york! does anyone live there by the way? maybe someone can confirm my theories. i'm going there for christmas so i'll try and find you someone okay?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    los angeles is full of couples. you see very few single people there. okay?
    This is very true, L.A. has changed alot. 11 years ago, before I met my now ex-wife, I could go out any night of the week and had a good chance of meeting someone, there were singles everywhere. Now, it seems they're all couples. I was recently talking to a friend who runs a nightclub and has a theory as to why things have changed: "Singles are staying home and meeting on the net, and when they meet in person and date, they're a couple." Makes sense.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 06-12-04 at 10:10 PM.

gotta keep ya head up mate, if you look too hard it will never happen, but if you relax and stop hunting for it you'll be amazed how life starts throwing up all these ladies that you never noticed before, that said i'm 26 and i can already see the field getting smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    This is very true, L.A. has changed alot. 11 years ago, before I met my now ex-wife, I could go out any night of the week and had a good chance of meeting someone, there were singles everywhere. Now, it seems they're all couples. I was recently talking to a friend who runs a nightclub and has a theory as to why things have changed: "Singles are staying home and meeting on the net, and when they meet in person and date, they're a couple." Makes sense.
    hmmm, interesting.

I came to the conclusion that male/female attraction is not learned behavior..it's instinctive. So you cannot just turn it off and not care to want to get with a woman all of a sudden. What you DO have control over is the importance you want to place on it. Also, your approach.

I try not to be a cry-baby about it, but I am also an advocate of venting a little, such as this dude is doing here. But you must know that you are in control of certain things and not in control of others.

Are you looking for companionship? - okay, I bet there IS a woman in her thirties that is perfectly willing to get with you and meet you in a more personal level..but this woman may be not very attractive by most (including your own) standards. So we can conclude that YOU TOO are selective. If you were willing to drop your standards, you could probably easily get with unattractive women. I think the difference between unattractive men and unattractive women is that the men seem to be in denial and are still trying to go for the model-types and won't want to lower their bar on their aesthetic demands on the woman, but women generally seem to understand their situation and are more willing to "settle" while we'll keep taking shots at women out of our league.

Your choice is: If you continue to go for women more attractive than yourself, you may not get rejected 10 of 10 times, but 50 of 50, but you may get lucky on woman number 51. Or you can lower your own standards and get rejected more to the tune of 7 or 8 out of 10 times...that was just a comical guess, obviously, but the valid point is that your chances increase.

It's okay to vent, but to set the record straight, this isn't about women being selective. Men are more selective, and I believe men are more abundant than men demographically...but I haven't checked census numbers lately. But the complaining, I think, was frustration toward what you cannot control...but then again, this can go off into a whole bunch of other directions because you can argue that you can change approach/ or even alter yourself physically to increase your "attractiveness" toward girls...but I'm not touching that just now.

Freddie

about the man/woman proportion nomas. you might find it interesting that during times of mass death (ie. war, disease, etc.) more boys are born. I think it was Ellis and Borin that did a study on this. crazy huh? nature is the best.

anyway, altering your attractiveness or approach just makes you look worse.

your comments nomas remind me of the lowered expectations skit on saturday night live. i just thought of that song, lowered expectaaaaaaaaaaatiooooooooooons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast