+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am in a love trap with best friend?

I am in a love trap with best friend?

Recently this month the love of my life i felt was seeing somone behind my back. My best friend who is a girl came to my resque again and started taking me out for drinks and inviting me over to hang and talk and just crash to get outta the house. Yesterday she invited me to pizza and paid for me again. I kept trying to offer but she said drop it. Well last night we were talking and i always get a hug from her....my recent ex though for months she had a thing for me but i didnt know it, she was just a friend and never said anything or acted like it. last night we kissed after we hugged. I was kinda weird cuz we are friends but somthing said kiss me...and we went back for more. i left to go home to have some other girl stay the night...which she knew about, i just ran into this girl again after 2.5 years so we decided to hang out.

that night my texter blows up from my friend saying she now wants me, she has feeling for me since highschool which was 10 years ago. she wants to take care of me a pick up where my ex dumped me off in life. now im shocked as shit. i didnt sleep at all night while i was in bed with a different woman. My minds upsets about my ex, 1st bom shell...next my best friend (somthings happening cuz i think i got feelings for her) drops my 2nd bomb on me...and new woman im haning with wants me to date.

alot has happened in 2 weeks and im wondering if its a good idea to persure my best friend....or let things fall into place as our kiss just kinda happened. I am going to this other womans house for an etire weekend to get away and chill, and my best friend knows it. neighter of us wants to loose our friendship...but i will say shes a very caring person and has helped me so much in the last 9 months.

im just not sure what to do...all this come 2 weeks after a 2 year relathionship was ended out of the blue for me...i kinda feel like im drifting right now tyring to find myself.

any advice on my friend? why do women do this. shes send me songs to express how she feels and ppl say we look good together. im just in shock! help!
    Last edited by oldskool83; 25-02-11 at 04:47 AM.

You suspected your love of your life cheating: did you address this to your girl? Or did you dump her from suspicion alone?
    Anyway a love of your life doesn't just go away even though her choice to cheat (if true) came and went as quick as it hit your mind.

Your best friend turned love interest wants to be with you: and you aren't ready, right? So why is this confusing to you?
    Anyway the fact is: you kissed her.
    You were spending the night with another girl you hadn't seen for 2.5 years.

These two things along add up to your best friend to make the move: to make it known how she felt: because you ****ed up big time.

Why did you kiss your friend: when you knew you were going to spend the night with another girl? Someone is selfish.

Why do women do this?
    Why did YOU do this?
    You: did this to yourself: so taking responsibility for what you did is paramount.

(1) Assess how you feel
    (2) Act on how you feel
    (3) Who gives a shit who it hurts? This is for what you want: not to make other people happy despite you messing up by kissing your friend.

This is why having a best friend that is of the opposite sex is a stupid idea: evidence? Look what happened.

i suspected me ex was up to somthing...i heard it all on the phone...few days later i confronted her and she told me everything. we are over, end of story, shes in lala land right now with some dick bag.

my best friend, knows about other people ive hung out with. not much of a big deal. just didnt know she had feelings for me big time.

the other girl is just some girl i started to hang with again, not sure if i want to continue hanging with her. im giving her a chance and not trying to be judgemental. in the mean time my quesion was more so why do girls if they are friends with you come running to your resque if somthing bad happened and they want to fix it for you. that was my question.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 26-02-11 at 03:12 AM.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If I were you, I would take the best friend as best friends are the best people to spend your life with. But I'm into 100% committed relationships, which you may not be for at this time.

i am not in any type of relationship at all right now. we have talked about what if we decide to date and such. With all that happened i kinda just wanted to clear my mind and hang with an old friend, drink some beers get some wings...that kinda stuff.

i do feel my best friend (sam) would be a very good g/f. with everything that went down this month im not sure i want that right now, i want her as a friend and what happens between us ill let up to fate. We are going out to eat tuesday night it looks, im kinda looking forward to it. maybe shes just one of them girls next door allways been looking out for the guy she had a crush on. right now i wanna get the hell outta down and let loose.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Sounds like you already have your answer. Don't commit to anyone right now, but see where things lead, naturally, with your friend without committing to her first.

just told her that 30 mins ago, after she emailed me and said she wants to be with me. what a month....