+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfried of mystery...

My girlfried of mystery...

First of all, I am happy with my dainty girlfriend but there are some underlying issues that I would like to change in order for us to open up more. We are both busy people as we are working towards degree and we cannot spend all week together.

I must also stress before, that although I am not clingy/needy but I do have needs. She is also the same and this works perfectly. We have fun, we have similar interests and really do have my heart set on her.

Anyway, although I will be patient, my girlfriend is only expressive when we have been on a night out and she gets drunk. I cannot get my head around this although I get the impression she is shy around me possibly intimidated like maybe she thinks I am too good for her. I love this girl for who she is and I would just like for her to let her hair down and let herself go and be more expressive. Come over and just do boyfriend and girlfriend things for example. That doesn't necessarily mean sexual activity all the time but just quality time together. Because of my honesty I think I can come across as pushy but I do not want to make her feel uncomfortable. I just want to be alone with her now and again rather than around her friends all the time.

Any advice on what thought process she might be experiencing would be much appreciated.

How long have you guys been together? It took me forever to get fully comfortable with my bf and even now i sometimes have trouble and we've been together 3 years! Its My boyfriend is exactly the same and he still struggles now, we've been together for 3 years! Not seeing eachother for long periods at a time can often make a girl feel shy, especially if she is really into you. i dont know why, it just does.
    Can you not suggest a nice weekend away together? or even cook a meal together, a walk in the park etc. Things like going cinema is nice but you cant exactly have an open conversation.. thats why my bf loves films =.=
    The tragedy starts from the very first spark of losing your mind for the sake of your heart <3

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaN View Post
    How long have you guys been together? It took me forever to get fully comfortable with my bf and even now i sometimes have trouble and we've been together 3 years! Its My boyfriend is exactly the same and he still struggles now, we've been together for 3 years! Not seeing eachother for long periods at a time can often make a girl feel shy, especially if she is really into you. i dont know why, it just does.
    Can you not suggest a nice weekend away together? or even cook a meal together, a walk in the park etc. Things like going cinema is nice but you cant exactly have an open conversation.. thats why my bf loves films =.=
    We have been together for just over 2 months. But we have been on the subject of us' for over a year. That is the main reason I say she is shy. Originally we could have been together but she ran away trying to avoid me etc. I was very open with her asking her out in person rather than over the phone etc. We did go out back then but with the summer approaching we left it. When we returned in October we talked again and she asked me out. As for going out, I have done this and we have gone out but it can be an effort to get her out. For example, last weekend I asked her out to a particular event she seemed unsure and gave an excuse. I didn't argue that and I just left it up to her. The next day she replied and said she would definitely she would go and we did go. It was great and we had a fun time. I just don't want this one to get away from me, but I certainly won't be giving up.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Try getting her to open up by texting. Once she does, she should feel more comfortable face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by 80r View Post
    Try getting her to open up by texting. Once she does, she should feel more comfortable face to face.
    To be fair she is okay when texting. I tend not to overwhelm her with text's as she is busy and can become stressed if I bother her too much. I just like to leave her to her own devices until she is free. But, I cannot do this forever. For example today she was busy, I text her and she was very short and pointed out she was busy so I will allow her to just get on so I do not bother her. Whether I am right to do this I don't know.