+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I change myself and my mentality?

Should I change myself and my mentality?

I have been thinking about myself and who I really am for the past few weeks so I'll just tell you a bit about myself and my nature so you get an idea about what I'm thinking about. I'm a fairly confident person that thinks highly of themselves. I'm studying at college doing 2 diplomas, I work and I think I'm attractive. I have one big problem and that's the fear of rejection. As I have said I think highly about myself and I fear being rejected by girls if I was to go up to them and talk to them. I have been told by a girl that she thought I was not friendly before she knew me and that I was a totally different person once she got to know me better. If I was to see a girl sitting by herself, I wouldn't go up to her or seem that I'm interested in her even though that I may be after she has looked at me for a couple of times. Is this because I have too much self respect and I fear rejection or is this because I'm shy? I often don't smile and don't interact with people unless I know them after a while so should I just be friendly and smile at everyone? If I was on facebook I can speak confidently with any girl or anyone in general but in person I seem to keep to myself too much is there a reason to why this is? I would like some advice to be able to talk to girls without fearing rejection so ladies any advice will be appreciated.

Thankyou

You must go and get rejected.

It will suck it will hurt. But in time the more you are rejected the less it will hurt.

You will learn what works and what doesn’t.

Each No, will sting less and less eventually you will learn to go in expecting No, and surprised by a Yes. When you ask without caring about the yes or the no will only then you succeed.

Asking is almost like sales, either they want the product they see or they don’t.

There is no secret to avoid failure. You must try if it doesn’t work try a different approach. Learn from each No, and eventually one will say Yes.

You must first get over yourself before any of this.

You are not really that important or great in her eyes. It is up to you to make her believe you are.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your chances of getting rejected if you approach a random girl with nothing more than random conversation are about as high as its gets like 1/10 chicks might accecpt your advances.

You also don't know how to socialize and have virtually not social skills by the sounds of it. And FB social skills don't count. I suggest you work on THAT first.

The social skill girl68 refer to will increase the odds of random women with random conversation to about 1/3 - 1/2.

So dont just work on that but also work on networking yourself. By networking you will also increase your social skills.

I'd also recommend working on your social skills and work on turning that "I think highly of myself" into "I posses self confidence"........Big difference.

sit in a bar and pull up a chair next to some randon cute girl, ask if any one sitting there and get a beer and some appatizers...if she still there after u get your beer say somthing like man its full here tonight, come here much? it may be small but maybe after you do that nuff it will not matter if you get shot down or shit on.

I'm the same way. I have recently been really pushing myself to just go for it. I mean everything inside of me. Rejection kind of gets easier?
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.