+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asked out a Friend, but she's with someone already. Need to get over her.

Asked out a Friend, but she's with someone already. Need to get over her.

Alright. This could take a while. Brace yourselves:

So I met a girl I really like when I started college. That was 6 months ago. We've been really good friends ever since, hanging out a lot-sometimes outside of school. I realized I had feelings for her last October. Due to my general shyness, I didn't really do anything about how I felt about her until last week, when I asked her out (I even had the balls to do so at her front door-so proud of myself)

She told me and I quote "Oooo, sorry. I'm already seeing someone." I told her (quote) "Oh. Well if that doesn't work out, then I'm still here for you." She said we were still friends though. I feel like that has forever doomed me to the Friend Zone (or worse) but that's not my real problem here>

My real problem is I think I know who her bf is and she spends every second she can with him and his friends. I'm quite jealous, so I can't hang out with her without feeling emotional pain.She also seems to be ignoring me, something she said she wasn' t doing when I asked her about it earlier last month. My other friends (who are also friends with her) tell me I'm overthinking this, but I don't know what I can do. I want to stay friends with her (even if you all think there's no chance I could ever be with her), but I don't want to feel this pain. What is she thinking? I don't know. Help me. Please.

Knowing what she's thinking isn't going to make any difference in the reality of your situation. The reality is she doesn't want to date you. It doesn't matter why. Either get over your jealousy and remain friends with her, or don't be friends. Jealousy is an ugly emotion that can ruin your life. Just make the choice get rid of it, even if you decide not to be friends with her anymore. For what it's worth, I don't think you should continue the friendship.

And stop asking her if/why she's ignoring you. It's so desperate and clingy. She doesn't really owe you any of her time, anyway.

I guess I needed to hear that. Thanks for the advice.

(1) Your first mistake was telling her you'd be right here waiting like Richard Marx while she bangs another guy. It wreaks of desperation.
    (2) She NEVER thought of you as more than a simple friend. In fact the way you see the friendship is NOT the way she saw it.

Now that she knows how creepy you are: ignoring you is simply a logical step.

What is she thinking?
    She doesn't like you.
    She likes her man.
    You aren't getting the memo.

If you keep this up: her man is going to have to break it down for you.