+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in love with my best friend! she's a girl 2!

I'm in love with my best friend! she's a girl 2!

Post a Question

I'm in love with my best friend.
    The Problem: Hi i'm a 19 year old girl and i'm in love with my best friend. we've been best friends for about two years and are really close. the problem is about a year ago i started getting jealous about my best friend having boyfriends. the thought of anyone getting close to her just kills me. my relasionship with my boyfriend hasnt worked out either because i know im in love with my best friend. i don't know what to do. i really think we are meant to be together, there is a connection between us that i have never felt with any1 before. what shall i do though?? its killing me having to stand by seeing her with her boyfriend. shall i tell her? im afraid ive got it wrong and she don't feel a connection and will freak out at the fact im in love with her. really am confused as u might beable to tell. i just don't want to loose my best friend but at the same time i cant stand seeing her with someone else. please help!

Ehm...that's a really, really tough one. I feel for you
    Last edited by Calgacus; 27-07-03 at 11:30 AM.
    "The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night".
    - Otto von Bismarck

Well, it's just as any other case of falling in love with your best friend. Yes, you could tell them but they may not reciprocate those feelings and you may end up breaking the friendship. If your friendship is strong you may be able to move on and remain the best of friends and forget the whole incident (as happened with me) but in many cases things get awkward and the friendship disipates. It's best to just question what you value more, the friendship you have now, or the small potential of being with that person you love. Choose what you truly desire and pursue it, and good luck.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well.... have you ever thought that you're best friend might be a les?? if so, then approach her about it and tell her your feelings. however if she isn't then you have to accept her interest, and i feel there isn't much you can do. i'll tell you straight up, love is good when you got it, but sucks when it burns you. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

She has a boyfriend- so you know she's hetero. Do NOT tell her- you will weird her out and lose her as a friend.

Have you fantasized about being with her sexually? Or maybe you just adore her company so much you don't want to share? Secondly, have you ever been with a woman yourself? If not you may just be going to a sexualy confused phase, understand?

I'd just wait it out and see if these feelings pass.