+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any tips for trusting the other person?

Any tips for trusting the other person?

I wanted to know about trusting the other person, and how to do so better.

When a girl tells me that they love me, it genuinely sounds sincere, and their actions prove this to me (until It ends I guess). But I am always thinking "But do you really?, is that really what you think?".

I think that with everybody who says it, and every time they say it. I don't want to have this doubt. Is it something to do with me? perhaps I am the skeptical, or cynical type, or have a love self esteem. I am a pretty confident person, perhaps arrogant, and I have no trouble at all flirting, talking and initiating conversations with the opposite sex. But I don't think I am attractive, or "good" with the ladies. Perhaps it's when a girl actually says Yes, that I am thrown back, and don't believe it. Maybe they don't actually mean it, and they are just good actors.

How can I learn to trust the opposite sex more?

Dude love doesn't always last forever....actually for someone young it lasts between 6 months to a year and a half. People change, and so do their feelings. So it's not about them lying....they truly do love you atm, but it can wear off. One thing about girls....they are not so superficial with looks. Some like guys who are heavy, some like bald, tall, skinny, tatooed, nerdy, bad boy, etc. I myself am attracted to good looking and not good looking. We are more perceptive to our feelings, how you make us feel. Guys on the other hand are more visual and have more of a preferance to what they find attractive. Sure there are shallow people out there that just date a certain type, but as we get onlder we grow out of that and become more open to dating more variety.

sadie_genie Guest
    Usually, when you know a person better, you know whether you can trust them. If everything the other person did shows he/she is worthy of trust yet you still have doubt then you just have to let the whole preoccupation go. Trust your lover because you owe it to them but if he/she betrays you in the end, there's really nothing you can do about it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    We are more perceptive to our feelings, how you make us feel.
    thats the shitty part. feelings can be manipulated then illusions can be created. i guess it all comes down to experience and maturity with your relationship IQ.
    trust is earned really. lot of the time you would trust your feelings and gave him/her 100% during the starting honeymoon period then reality hits and you get destroyed.
    Last edited by GK001; 10-03-11 at 06:04 AM.

As stated above, trust is earned. But if you find yourself thinking this way with EVERYONE (like with family, etc.), then you may want to see someone to talk about it. However, if it is just your romantic relationships, you may be just a little scared yourself about committing and really letting yourself feel totally. The more you open yourself up, the more risk you have of getting hurt. Perhaps you are just scared of getting hurt, so you put up a wall not allowing yourself to trust anyone.
    My advice, just relax a little bit and let things happen as they will.

Good luck!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!