+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she playing hard to get, or just not interested?

jsw is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is she playing hard to get, or just not interested?

This girl is really confusing me..

We work at an internship together. The intern is ending in the next few weeks with no employment opportunity so no worry about work relationships...

Anyway, we work together and have a good time: always talk to each other, joke around, laugh, and compliment each others work.

--She also waitresses part time so we started to talk about how her restaurant sounded like a place i know. She said that place sounded really good and that she loves italin and would def want to check it out. (was this an opening?)

--Then it was my bday and i invited her out to the bar that me and my friends were going to. She said it sounded like fun but that she had to work so she'd have to let me know. She ended up going to NY with friends, but didnt let me know if she was coming out or not; i did tell her the day before so that may have been a bad time to invite?

--Shes on spring break and went on vacation, so i wont be seeing her this week, but then i got an email today, the first day she was down at the beach, asking if I went in today and how everything went with a business plan. I did not expect her to send me an email when she went on vacation.

--But she decided to work from home on a day that we both work together since the boss was not going to be in. I would have thought she would want to work at the office that day since i would be in?

So is she interested? I sometimes think so, then other times dont. One day when she had to leave early she said something like "sorry im leaving you". She also gave me her number, albeit in a work sense, but we do text each other.

Users Country Flag
    can anyone give me some isight? really confused about it

Maybe instead of wondering, pondering and scrutinizing every last detail, you should try asking her out.

Users Country Flag
    yes thank you for the obvious, but i am looking for advice..thats why i came to an advice forum. I am prolly going to but I was wondering if i could get a female's insight as to if she is really not interested at all......

anyone else?

I think that there is a 40% chance that she's interested in going on a date/spending some one-on-one time with you. There's a 60% chance that she just wants to be your friend/intern acquaintance.

The fact that she didn't show up for your birthday and didn't make sure she told you whether she'd be there or not, makes me believe that she's probably not interested in being more than friends. If there was a guy I really wanted to ask me out, I'd either try really hard to make it, or tell him in advance why I couldn't. I just did that the other week. I feel like she sent the email because: 1. she's your pretty good friend, and 2. she felt slightly guilty that she didn't properly let you know she'd be in NY for your birthday event.

She could just be a flirtatious, nice, and lovely girl.
    Author of the blog: How NOT To Fall In Love

http://www.zabrinah.com

I would ask her out what do you have to lose??? I am a pretty shy girl and I don't ever make the most obvious advances towards men so if I am interested in a guy and he asks me out? win, win.

Just go for it!