+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would you chose?

Which would you chose?

Ok, so I thought I would write this and see what kind of responses I get. Many females say they would not chose based on looks and ridicule me for thinking that they would so lets see which guy you ladies would honestly choose. Later I will describe personality traits for each man as I am currently interested in first impression thoughts.

Guy one- Tall, athletic muscular build, wears mens designer clothes, masculine facial features, clear face meaning no acne, great teeth, nice hair.

Guy two- Short, heavy set or very skinny, wears regular walmart clothes (i.e. plain t-shirts and blue jeans), has acne, slightly messed up teeth, thinning balding hair.

Guy 1 for sure. I need to be attracted to someone but the moment they are a dickhead that takes some effect in it all.
    Guy 2 is totally out for me even if he had an amazing personality

Guy 1 = looks gay
    Guy 2 = looks disgusting
    Guy 3 = looks past his prime

Are you trying to get the ladies to throw up or something?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seriously, of course if were going by first impressions, most women are going to choose option one. What a stupid comparison.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you didn't like the comparison then why answer? Here, I will add personality traits so you ladies will stop being so crabby accept for jessld who was quite honest and nice in her reply.

Guy one- Sounds cocky on his profile, sounds kind of romantic, seems sweet, admits to being the life of the party, funny but obnoxious sounding, tons of pictures of him with other women, always drinking in his pics, always at clubs or parties, always has pics of him with his shirt off, has a job

Guy two- Very nice, sounds honest on his description, kind, romantic, kind of shy, funny, pics of him with friends or family, pics of him doing activities he likes, dressed fairly nice in his pics, works hard and has his own house and good career

Here, hope this is better. Have fun...

Really? I would rather do without than date either of these guys. Luckily for me, there are WAY more than 2 options.

I would keep looking until I found a guy a little less stuck on himself than guy 1 and certainly less of a "pretty boy." I already spent my max time with guys who take longer to get ready than I do, guys who squeal like a little girl if a speck gets on their shoe. I want a real man, thanks.

AND I would keep looking until I found a guy who wasn't physically repulsive, too. I mean, if any of those 3 pictures was a profile picture, it would tell me lots of bad things about the guy in the picture. Dependig on his age, if the one bald guy wasn't making that face, I might consider guy 3. I would date someone with Guy 2's physique, but not if he smoked cigars or posed in boxers for his profile...and while I could date fit and bald or chubby with hair, I don't think I could do chubby AND bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    Really? I would rather do without than date either of these guys. Luckily for me, there are WAY more than 2 options.

I would keep looking until I found a guy a little less stuck on himself than guy 1 and certainly less of a "pretty boy." I already spent my max time with guys who take longer to get ready than I do, guys who squeal like a little girl if a speck gets on their shoe. I want a real man, thanks.

AND I would keep looking until I found a guy who wasn't physically repulsive, too. I mean, if any of those 3 pictures was a profile picture, it would tell me lots of bad things about the guy in the picture. Dependig on his age, if the one bald guy wasn't making that face, I might consider guy 3. I would date someone with Guy 2's physique, but not if he smoked cigars or posed in boxers for his profile...and while I could date fit and bald or chubby with hair, I don't think I could do chubby AND bald.
    My point is, as I posted in another thread, women are just as picky about looks if not more so. Yes, everyone has a preference in looks, though I have known more men than women who are willing to be with someone they find less attractive. I have known many of women over the years, many of whom would go for guys like #1. Time and time again, they would get screwed over by these guys and when that happened they would come running to me for a shoulder to cry on. I was always just a friend, even though I would have been a better boyfriend. Anyways, as I stated before in another thread, I believe the ladies who have replied argue with me about this because you do not like being called out on the TRUTH.
    Last edited by UnknownSld03; 17-03-11 at 03:19 AM.

This isn't even close to an accurate comparison of what you posted in the Ask A Male forum.... The 2nd lady, while "bigger," was also in a gorgeous dress, with hair and make-up. Putting aside the issue of her weight, you can agree she looked put together. It also demonstrated her personality, showing her smiling and happy.

This 2nd guy, however, is smoking, has almost no clothes on, making an angry face and looks like an all around jerk. I wouldn't pick him not necessarily because of his weight, but because his mannerisms in the picture make him look like a slob. At least give the ladies a fair shot and post a picture of a guy with some meat who ALSO looks put-together and happy!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eww for all.

In fact guy 3 is probably my choice if only he'd shave his head.

1) I like much thinner men.
    2) Cute face, but I don't like obesity.
    3) Sure, but not down for the balding middle.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm almost exactly with girl68 on this one.

Guy 1: Too pretty. Looks like he'd be a partier and a narcissist, someone who would expect me to go to the gym everyday in order to 'keep his attention'.
    Guy 2: I don't do obesity. He looks like he would have a cute face though, if he's take the cigar out of his mouth. Seems like he might have a sense of humor.
    Guy 3: Would probably have the most chance with me as long as he shaved his head.....I can't stand men with giant bald spots. If you can't grow a full head of hair, just shave it off. He looks kind of goofy, and smart.

In truth, women do read alot into a man's personality by his looks. As you can see, I just stereotyped what I think these guys would be like based on their looks. I've never dated what you'd call 'hot' men, although I've been hit on by them. I like 'em mediochre. Not built, not fat, not ridiculously handsome, not hideous. Just average. I've even been known to be attracted to men my friends have described as 'weird' or 'not really attractive'.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

With both of these threads, there's no 'average' people. It's all extremes.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSld03 View Post
    My point is, as I posted in another thread, women are just as picky about looks if not more so. Yes, everyone has a preference in looks, though I have known more men than women who are willing to be with someone they find less attractive. I have known many of women over the years, many of whom would go for guys like #1. Time and time again, they would get screwed over by these guys and when that happened they would come running to me for a shoulder to cry on. I was always just a friend, even though I would have been a better boyfriend. Anyways, as I stated before in another thread, I believe the ladies who have replied argue with me about this because you do not like being called out on the TRUTH.
    I am not going to argue with your statement that women are as picky as men. Duh. And I am extremely picky. But you aren't paying attention to what the women here are arguing about. You are making a statement, then a false correlary, then when people complain about the false correlary you are yelling that they just don't like the truth of the first statement. That's a little silly.

Yes, people are picky about who they date. And they should be, there is no reason to settle or to date someone you don't find attractive-it doesn't work out well for either of the parties involved.

BUT, there are many criteria and looks are just a few data points. ANd the "ideal" man for me isn't close to the "ideal" man for my friend or my neighbor or my lawyer or my dentist. That's common sense, it's why there keep on being more people. The average person DOES find a mate. Heck, almost everyone find a mate. Even people I find physically hideous find mates, so I have no need to date them as we could not make each other happy.

None of them would be my type....

I don't go for pretty boys, fat or nerdy types...

Now if you had posted something that resembled Russell Crowe...uhm yummers.

Women and men have differing tastes....and what you guys think may appeal to women and that we women may fall over, often ISN'T the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    With both of these threads, there's no 'average' people. It's all extremes.
    Yeah and deliberately set up and knowing the majority of females may go for number one.....

I wouldn't pick any of them. Guy one is over built for my taste, guy two smokes and doesn't take care of himself, and guy three is too old.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast