+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No opportunity to talk to her?

No opportunity to talk to her?

So there's this girl who lives next door, sharing a flat with others. I've seen her around maybe five times, talked to her twice cause she accepted a parcel when I wasn't in. I really don't know her, but I like the way she talks and smiles. I'm sure she doesn't really think of me and I'm not "in love"...I just want to talk to her more and get to know her better, and see what happens. I've tried to ring at her door before, but she wasn't in so I talked to her roommate, kind of a funny moment

What would you do? Should I just move on and forget about it, seeing that there's no real "opportunity"?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Or try again to talk to her. Opportunity might not be there but you might be able to make it for yourself. Only she knows if she's interested in you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by edcba View Post
    What would you do? Should I just move on and forget about it, seeing that there's no real "opportunity"?
    Huh? You live next door to her. There should be plenty of opportunities. Mail yourself some more packages and make sure you're not home when they're delivered. Go borrow a cup of sugar. Throw a party and invite her and her flatmates.

Listen, if the creepy old gross man who lives next door to me can invent excuses to talk to me, then you can do it, too.

Thanks for the replies so far! Maybe I should just borrow some sugar, bake a cake with it and ask her if she wants a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Listen, if the creepy old gross man who lives next door to me can invent excuses to talk to me, then you can do it, too.
    Now that's exactly what I'm worried about...If I ask her roommate if she's in (and she's not), her roommate later tells her "this guy from next door wanted to see you". If it happens more than once, she'll be a little creeped out because she doesn't know me. What do you think?
    Last edited by edcba; 20-03-11 at 04:02 AM.

Knocking on their door and asking for the girl would be kind of weird. Try befriending all of her roommates.