+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Talking about what if you break up, while in a relationship.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Talking about what if you break up, while in a relationship.

So, I was just talking to a friend.
    She said that her boyfriend asked her if they'd break up, and she got a new boyfriend, if she would still have sex with him.
    And apparently it's not the first time he initiated a conversation about future sexual relationships after a breaking up.

Personally, this strikes me as odd. Specially considering the involved sex. If my partner did that, I'd not feel all that loved.

However, in general, how do you feel if your partner talks about a What if we break up?
    So... opinions!
    Do you consider this normal in a relationship, do you start it yourself, do you hate it, etc?

To me, that's crazy talk. It's like having a prenup before marriage. It's saying I don't have faith we'll make it so let's discuss how we should end it. I would thoroughly be upset and question the relationship altogether.

To me, it sounds like the guy is insecure and is just fishing for a compliment. He may be hoping to hear something like - "You are the best lover ever and I would have sex with you no matter what forever and ever." I don't think it really means all that much.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm all for real life talks. I'm getting married next year and I have brought up the pre nup myself. I'm not even the one that needs protecting. He does, and his assets need protecting in the event the marriage turns to shit. It can happen, it DOES happen. Will it happen to me? Hell, I hope not and I'll do most anything to prevent it coming to such but nothing is absolute my marriage included. That's fact.

So talking about what ifs and break ups is to me completely normal. However the way OP's friend is doing it does strike me as odd. It is as if he wants her to answer so he can proceed with breaking up with her ensuring that he's still going to get his balls rocked every now and again. THAT is odd. Talking about what ifs is not.

Well I dont think its a normal relationship because ya guy foresees a break up in the future but cant let go having sex with you.