+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Major problem and need advice

Major problem and need advice

Hey everyone, first time poster here, I've turned to online forums as a last resort because I'm really not sure what to do.

To start with im 16, And there's this girl that I started being friends with around 2 years ago and I started liking her not long after. We have only really become real close friends in the past two months.

A bit about me first. Ive never had a girlfriend. She always tells me I'm hilarious so I'm funny by that respect. We get along really well spend a lot of time together, that's not the problem. The problem is that I have confidence issues with serious girl issues like this. For example a simple thing like to hug a friend never happens. I just can't bring myself to go for it. Also even complementing her is a stretch and only something I recently started to mildly do.

A bit about her. She lacks self confidence but is beautiful. She is different to everyone else and thinks this is a bad thing by I love it. In short I love everything about her. But she doesn't see me the way I see her. I got one of my friends to ask her best friend who she likes and atthe moment it is no one. So the door is open.

So what I'm asking all you kind people is for any advice on how to improve my situation in which I find myself well and truly entrenched in the friend zone. Has it happened to you? How did they escape it and anything else you can think of.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Continue to be close friends with her until your confidence around girls improve. Continue to show her a good time when you guys hang out. Just be cool and relax around her. Also it's important to have your own life and have your own hobbies so she doesn't see you as some guy that has nothing better to do. Do you work out? If not, you should. It builds confidence. If you look good, you feel good as they say. It's important not to give her all your attention so that she has to work for it too. Don't reveal your feelings too early as it can ruin things before it is given a proper chance. Slowly incorporate some flirting into your interactions. Tease her a bit. Try and be more comfortable with touching her. Don't tense up. Act natural. Once you feel more comfortable with her and she is also with you, then you can tell her your feelings. When that moment comes don't be afraid. It's better to take a chance than never at all. At least she'll know and it will plant a seed in her mind to think of you differently. Who knows, she might like you all this time and never said anything to anyone.

I agree. Confidence is the biggest attractor to girls. And to guys, for that matter. Concentrate on being confident and happy with yourself and allow that confidence to show through when you talk to her. And then, make sure you communicate with her well. I can't stress that enough.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Continue to be close friends with her until your confidence around girls improve. Continue to show her a good time when you guys hang out. Just be cool and relax around her. Also it's important to have your own life and have your own hobbies so she doesn't see you as some guy that has nothing better to do. Do you work out? If not, you should. It builds confidence. If you look good, you feel good as they say. It's important not to give her all your attention so that she has to work for it too. Don't reveal your feelings too early as it can ruin things before it is given a proper chance. Slowly incorporate some flirting into your interactions. Tease her a bit. Try and be more comfortable with touching her. Don't tense up. Act natural. Once you feel more comfortable with her and she is also with you, then you can tell her your feelings. When that moment comes don't be afraid. It's better to take a chance than never at all. At least she'll know and it will plant a seed in her mind to think of you differently. Who knows, she might like you all this time and never said anything to anyone.
    Thanks a lot mate I reckon youve nailed what I have to do. I don't work out per se but I am a fit guy, I'm pretty skinny and have small arms so I'm trying to build them up but I've already got the old six pack going so I don't think my body is the prOblem. Also I complemented her on how beautiful her eyes are and she replied with your eyes are more epic. So does attraction to eyes mean anything overall?

It depends on the girl, but I know a lot of girls tend to romanticize features like eyes. So I would take that as a good sign.

Also, you are 16, so you shouldn't be that concerned with building up muscles and such. Still plenty of time for that.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Yeah I really don't think looks are gonna stop a girl at this stage of a relationship unless you're something they really don't like such as a different race. Has anyone got any tips on how I should go from being the nice funny emotionally attractive guy to someone she would want?