+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

So.....

Suppose a close male friend wanted a couple days away with you and you said yes. Then it turned out the only rooms available at such short notice were all double rooms so you'd have to share a bed. Suppose you agreed to this without any hesitation or awkwardness. Would it be because:

a) You thought something might happen and you kind of liked the idea.

b) This guy was so far in the friend zone you knew there wouldn't be any funny business.

c) Other (explain).

Thanks!

I'd share the bed with him and think nothing of it. There's no romantic attraction there, so it really isn't any big deal. It's only sleep.

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    So, violin, Just out of curiosity -

If your husband or long-time boyfriend slept in the same bed with another woman you wouldn't see that as a big deal?

P.S. Hypothetical girl and hypothetical guy are both single.

And good point MrE

I would have no issue sleeping next to a male friend. It would be kind of exciting because I know I'd be making them nervous. Ive slept next to friends before and its just been laughing and talking and tv and then hogging covers.
    However I have made the mistake of having sex with a male friend when sharing the same bed once.. he became obsessed with me :/

basically just cuz you share the same bed does not mean you have to have sex, and if you do, be prepared for repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    I would have no issue sleeping next to a male friend. It would be kind of exciting because I know I'd be making them nervous. Ive slept next to friends before and its just been laughing and talking and tv and then hogging covers.
    However I have made the mistake of having sex with a male friend when sharing the same bed once.. he became obsessed with me :/

basically just cuz you share the same bed does not mean you have to have sex, and if you do, be prepared for repercussions.
    I bet all of those guys you laughed with, talked with, and watched TV with were REALLY hoping for sex. Sometimes I wish girls weren't so naive about guys' intentions - it would make figuring out what they actually want so much easier.

Saying that, I'd like to ask one thing of you girls, we all know what men are like, I mean friends or not if a bloke can get sex out of something and I think the topic was widely covered, they always hope for it, why would we as women accept to share a bed knowing that the hope is there and knowing that it would be a mistake as it could lead to something especially if both are signly as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by MiWatt View Post
    I bet all of those guys you laughed with, talked with, and watched TV with were REALLY hoping for sex..
    Yeah its usually the other way around for me. My sex drive is higher than every guy I've ever slept with. Don't assume girls have zero sex drive and they're always the one who has to be chased.. even though that covers the majority..

Yeah its usually the other way around for me. My sex drive is higher than every guy I've ever slept with. Don't assume girls have zero sex drive and they're always the one who has to be chased.. even though that covers the majority..
    I don't assume that. I'm sure you're right. But girls know that in general they're the ones with the power. They decide when they want sex. Men are generally up for it anytime/anywhere/anyone and girls know it. If a guy and a girl are sharing a bed then sex is always on the table - but it's the girl who decides whether it happens or not.

That's true, women are the one with the final decision. Its a pity that most guys don't realize how easily they can be manipulated by a woman, Id like to see a guy turn it back around.

That's true, women are the one with the final decision. Its a pity that most guys don't realize how easily they can be manipulated by a woman, Id like to see a guy turn it back around.
    Oh we do realize!

In my experience girls are less "needy" than guys, in that they don't need a man even if they'd like to be with one. Unfortunately, guys REALLY REALLY need sex. So girls will always be the ones in power. It's impossible to manipulate someone if they don't need anything from you.

So, violin, Just out of curiosity -

If your husband or long-time boyfriend slept in the same bed with another woman you wouldn't see that as a big deal?
    The original poster didn't mention anything about being married, so I didn't factor that into the equation. I assumed they were platonic, unattached friends.
    Last edited by violingirl; 07-04-11 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by violingirl View Post
    The original poster didn't mention anything about being married, so I didn't factor that into the equation. I assumed they were platonic, unattached friends.
    Yeah my question was really ambiguous. I should have been clearer. I think I was trying to ask whether in that situation it was more likely the guy was a platonic friend or potentially relationship material. I suppose you answered my question in assuming what you did!

I think MrE's point was that there will be an underlying sexual tension - evidence for that is how anyone would feel if their partner was in that situation.

sadie_genie Guest
    I would share the bed because it is the only room available and because I am forced to. But I would be fully aware of the fact that you probably want something to happen. lol