+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex deprivation after a breakup?

Sex deprivation after a breakup?

Okay, so here's the story in brief...
    My ex girlfriend and I have been broken up for nearly 6 weeks now. A few weeks after my girlfriend of 19 months and I broke up (I'm 19, she's 17), she started to like another guy, and started making out with him. We last talked on Monday, and she knows I still love her, but that I'm going to get over her as we cut communication for a while. She said on Monday that she has a feeling that she is going to want to get back together with me again in a few months (maybe sooner) and that this was just a phase for her, but obviously, I'm not expected to wait around for her to come back while she's having fun with another guy. Here's the problem: we were eachothers' firsts, and neither of us have been with anyone else. I told her that if she expects to get back together in a few months, she had better not do anything more than make out with the other guy. She was like "wtf, we're not even together anymore," to which I responded, "Yeah, but if you think I'm going to want to get back together with a girl when I just went through hell getting over her while she was playing with another guy's d**k, think again," to which she responded, "good point." She also said with complete honesty that the guy she likes right now is completely temporary.
    So, the verdict was that she would do as she pleases in the coming months, while acknowledging that if she went to third base or beyond with another guy, we would not have a very good shot at getting back together. The dilemma is this: I'm obviously not going to wait for her, since she broke up with me and she's over me. I'm feeling pretty sex deprived after going from sex multiple times a week to 2 months of no sex. But, understandably, I don't think she'd be very happy with me a few months from now if she had saved herself for me and I had gone out and messed around with a girl or two. It's not really fair. But then again, it makes no sense at all for me to wait on her.
    So what should I do? We've cut all communication for about 10 more days. I don't think she'll have done anything in that time, nor do I plan to myself. Should I talk to her about it and ask her opinion? Cause here's the thing: a relationship where a person has to take a 3 month break and sleep with another guy before getting back together with her old bf isn't really a relationship at all. The only other alternative I can see is hinting at/suggesting/whatever that we both fufill eachothers needs, but I don't know how that would affect our relationship in the future, and I also don't know if she just wants something new at this point, or what. Anyone have any thoughts on what I/we could do?

I think you are being possessive, and should just let it be... plus you are both young. Who are you to tell her who she can be with and who she cant. How would you feel if the tides were turned?

Yeah, maybe... but can you see where I'm coming from with the her wanting to get back together right after thing?

EDIT: Also, would it be a mistake talking to her about it? If I did talk to her about it, would it be a mistake to be honest and tell her I'm somewhat sex deprived? Or to throw it out there that we could perhaps take care of eachother that way for a while (maybe suggesting everything but sex while we're apart or something?)
    Last edited by Dices; 07-04-11 at 09:01 AM.

Here's the facts, ready? You can TELL her not to do whatever you want, she's NOT with you, she WILL sleep with another guy while she separated from you. FACT. You should FORGET her, so what you were each other's firsts, you need to realize that it almost NEVER works out with your firsts.......like never! I mean the fact she TOLD you "this is probably a phase for her and she'll want to get back with you in a few months" suggests she only wants to experience other men and maybe come back to you. Where is your self respect, I would never talk to this chick again, she's straight up using you!

I don't know that she's going to sleep with another guy though... she's not really the jump-into it type. And I also can't even imagine her sleeping with the guy she's with now. She's got a high selfesteem, and the guy she's with right now is a piece of sh*t guy, a douchebag, and he's not even remotely physically attractive (we both agree on this). I'm like, 95% sure she's not going to sleep with him. I know her well. Mess around with him maybe, but not sleep with him.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're an adult now.

do not tell her you feel sex deprived. wtf? why? whats the point? is that going to make you feel her any more attracted to you? NO!

she's moved on and is hooking up with other guys while you're bitching about not having any? yeah, very attractive. thats totally gonna make her want you back.

happy women dont leave or try to play the field or experience something new. when you were together and everything was good, she didnt feel this urge to explore or take a break or whatever. now she does. that means something changed. certain needs werent being met. reflect on it and figure out why so this doesnt happen again with this next girl. her attraction for you is gone. period. shes keeping you on a leash as a just in case this whole playing the field thing doesnt work, she can come back to you. stand up for yourself and move on.
    If you still can't stop thinking about your ex, go to www.HowToGetOveraRelationship.com to discover a simple “step-by-step” formula on how to get over a break up.

This 'we'll get back together in a few months' thing is bullsh1t by the way, it's a way of breaking up with you without you fully realising it, keeping your hope alive whilst she completely moves on.
    Go date other girls, if she's with some piece of scum then you go out and find yourself someone who is hot!