+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just want a quick opinion

Just want a quick opinion

So, I asked a girl out for a drink/coffee and she took my number (thought it was bad news she wouldnt give hers)...she texts the next day though and we grab coffee on campus......had a good 30 minute convo talking about travel and school..anyway, at the end I aks if I can see her again...maybe this weeked...her response:" Ummmm...Im pretty busy this weekend but lets hang out here at college (next week)...I have classes all day usually...."

So...I dont know...my reaction is that she just wants to be friends (which i dont want....i have had that too much)....whats your opinion?

Thanks,

Davis

Sounds to me like she is just trying to take it slow... You have to start somewhere... friends is a good place Good luck

sadie_genie Guest
    It seems like you are reading too much into it. She said she is busy over the weekend so she probably has something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    It seems like you are reading too much into it. She said she is busy over the weekend so she probably has something to do.
    Yeah, i dont want to think about it too much.....otherwise i'll drive myself crazy...i was just wondering....I felt really good talking to her

Thanks for the comments....im just anxious

She wouldn't have said let's hang at college if she wasn't interested in you in some way. It is a bit hard to guage after just one meeting what someone's intentions are but meet up with her a few more times, get to know her and her current situation and you will soon know if it is friends or more.
    Good luck
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Well you're already reading a bit deep into her signals/words and if friends is what she wants to be then you have to accept it, there are plenty of girls I'm sure that will pursue you. But give her space, she'll come to you if she likes you and don't doubt her liking for you if she does come to you. Also, if you get the friend blow off alot dont hate on yourself, its not your fault, maybe its just not meant to be.

Sounds to me like she isn't interested, but didn't know how to shoot you down completely, so she offered to hang out sometime next week. That's my opinion.

If you're really interested in her, you could give her a couple more "hang out" sessions and by then it'll be clear whether she's interested or not. At this point, like the posters above me have said, it's too early to tell.

Thanks for the thoughts....

So, I talked to her Monday after texting her to see if she was free .....she said yeah and she came right out and we talked for another half hour....she's all smiles in my opinion when we're talking......I ended it saying to let me know if she has free time to hang out or whatever...I kinda thought she would text me today (tuesday) because she knows we're both between classes at 2pm but she didnt....only time she initiated something was when she texted me to see if i would have coffee with her after she took my number....

Anyway, I'm 50/50 on this one...not sure what she thinks....I was gonna text her her tomorrow (wednesday) at the time we both know we have a break but.....I think Im just gonna wait it out and then wednesday night, if nothing happens, text her saying that I truly like her and would love to take her out to dinner/movie/dayhike, etc. Especially when our spring break for college is next week. So that's the plan

I don't know....this sucks lol

She is probably still figuring the situation. Playing it cool and not being too needy. Personally, I wouldn't text a guy if I had seen him the day before. Coming off too strong is a big concern. Definitely go ahead and text her Wednesday if you don't hear from her, and gauge her reaction from there. Better yet, give her a call. You will get a purer response from there.

Good luck!

Thanks for the fast response

Out of curiosity, you think I should i call/text to meet wednesday during our break and talk again (not mention going out again)..... or call/text that night and talk about taking her out to dinner/movie/dayhike, etc.

lol im thinkin too much ahaha

You are overthinking it! But it's better that than underthink. =)

I would mention dinner/movie/etc if I were you. That way, she can get everything together and figure out how she's feeling before she goes on a long break (where she could potentially change her mind or lose momentum).

honestly i think she just want to be friends but you should try to ask her out to someplace a little different but not too romantic either and see how she acts if she keeps avoiding it then shes just looking for a friend.