+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed =)

Advice needed =)

Hi Guys, I guess I should just jump into a story you guys have heard many times? I'm 17 and probably stupid and niave but I feel I should at last give this a shot, I just want to avoid the noob mistakes.
    I met this girl online about a year ago and developed a casual friend basis with her, there was flirting, but it I never gave it much credence being online. This is probably one of my biggest problems, mentally more than anything, is my "prejudice"towards meeting and talking to people online (which yes is hypocritical in some many ways). I ended up spending 5 hours a day for 9 months talking to her and I guess I feel insecure about not actually going to talk to someone in real life =/. Anyway the cliche begins as I start to develop feelings for her as she goes on holiday, when she comes back we start talking with more gusto than before and end up arranging a meeting, and it went really well, there was eye contact and smiles and I felt she had a genuine intrest in me. Inbetween we would talk once more on msn with the same routine and before long there was a second arrangement where we met up and exchanged gifts, had lunch and generally had a good time. Now it comes to the present where I find myself still talking to the girl online and I guess we are both pushing for another meeting but as to the nature of the meeting to being friends or more is uncertain. This all comes back to a few basic questions.
    What should I do when I have built this relationship with a girl so extensively online? Should I assume this as part of our meeting and therefore jump more into asking her if we are more than friends or telling her I like her?
    Should I try and jump out of this msn maze soon? I have soo many more questions right now so if anyone can take the time to advise me it would be much appreciated =)

Online discussions are great for getting to know each other, but nothing beats spending time together.
    One thing I would suggest is not to stress about labels. Just get together with her, hang out, see how it feels. If you like her, tell her you like her. If you feel like you want to make a move, make a move. Just remember that if she says no, it is not the worst thing in the world. You two have already established a close friendship.

Also, just a word of advice, don't call yourself Omnipotent around her. If you were all powerful you wouldn't have to worry about things like this.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!