+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe she's losing interest. What to do?

Maybe she's losing interest. What to do?

A little background (a very short one).

I'm 26 and she is 28. We met 9 months ago when she joined this company I work for. I found her very attractive right from the moment I first saw her but didn't really think I'd fall for her. We became good friends and really enjoyed working together.
    5 months later I asked her out. She says yes. By now I was sure I wanted to be with her. So we've been on a few dates since. She says she likes me because I'm different from other guys. We had sex once which was great. The next day she smiles and tells me "you know, I always told myself I'm not sleeping with a man unless I know I wouldn't mind growing old with him".
    5 weeks ago she quit her job to teach in a school 3 hours from my place. She'd told me about this before and I supported her decision because teaching is what she's always wanted to do. We talk everyday on the phone and we text a lot. She was always saying things like she misses me, wants to kiss me, etc. She'd text me every morning to say have a nice day. But in the last one week she isn't as warm as she used to be. And she no longer texts me in the morning. I'm the same but I fear she's losing interest in me or in our relationship. I've tried to ask her if anything is bothering her but she says everything's fine. And yet I strongly feel she is losing interest. You see we always talk at night so I don't think it's because she's too busy. We both know that I have more on my plate than her yet I talk to her every night before I go to sleep. I visit her twice a week. I love her and I hope to marry her in the future. She's the most amazing woman I've met and don't want to lose her easily. I'd appreciate your opinion and advice here. Should I back off a bit? I don't know what will be a good thing to do. Thanks for your help

I think you guys are doing fine... Some people (like me) just don't really do txting so much. I would text a lot in the beginning because the girls I went out tend to like it, but then I would slow it down. Don't ask her if she is losing interests, the more you ask stuff like this the more you make her lose interest. Just keep hanging out, do what you do, but please don't live your life around her, instead, live your life with her.

For now, take her at her word. If you continue to hound her about what is wrong, pretty soon that will be the issue (you hounding her, I mean). Maybe she has to get into work earlier now. Maybe she got a ticket for texting while driving. Maybe she has decided that it is better for her to read the paper in the morning to be ready for any discussions she might have at work. Or maybe she just doesn't feel the need to text you in the mornings. Until she says that she doesn't want to see you any more, just relax and make sure she is a part of your life and is not all of your life.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!