+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird situation...

Weird situation...

Hello
    This is my first time here... here's my story :

I fell in love with a guy at a party (no, we didn't talk ! I didn't have the courage to ). After the party, I hit him on FB and we began exchanging messages. I quickly got the impression that he was gay... and it confirmed when he friended me (on his profile).
    At the same time, our FB conversations were going nowhere so I stopped writing to him after a few weeks. Life went on.

Today (3 months after our last private message) he sent me another message: he now wants to meet me face to face !! I'm not really sure how to answer that. I'm not really sure I want to go on a date with a gay guy (even if I love him)... any advice ?

did he say it was going to be a date?

There's nothing wrong with going out as friends with a gay guy... but you have feelings for him which makes things complicated of course. I know that I couldn't bear the pain of being around someone I have feelings for unless there was a chance for a relationship. If you think you couldn't either you need to kindly decline his invitation and explain the situation to him. On the other hand maybe he's bisexual and does wants to date you.

Thank you for your quick and sincere answers!

blinki: In fact he didn't say *why* he wanted to meet me, he just wrote "can we meet? let's go to the cinema you and me", which is rather weird, if you ask me...
    yet another guy: of course we could be friends, but yes it would be painful Maybe i should follow your advice and decline the invitation, but once again I'm afraid I won't be able to tell him why... We didn't talk about very personal matters in our FB exchanges, just hobbies and some random events..

Just be honest with him. I'm sure you are not the first girl to like him. He probably really enjoyed your conversations and thought maybe there was a friendship there. I'm bet that what you tell him is nothing new to him anyways so there will be no harm done.

Girl I think there is a gay man in every girl's heart...I know I have one

I would also recommend you to tell it like it is. However unlikely a relationship with him is, it's still at least a bit uncertain. If you tell him about your feelings, it'll probably provoke him to show his own stance on the matter. In my experience a definite "no" is much less painfull than uncertainty in the long run. Besides it would be unfair to him if you didn't let him know why you can't meet him even though you seem to get along well.

You fell in love with him the moment you saw him? Wow, whatever this guy is doing seems to work like a charm. Maybe I need to start wearing pink shirts. I'm just teasing. So what is it about him that you like?

Thank you every one for your support. It's true I have to tell him one day or another but I'm afraid of his reaction. As I said we didn't talk a lot about personal matters, it was really "penpal-like" until we stopped to write... and suddenly, he pops back... it's unsettling.

Bonfire: it may sound silly but I like pretty much everything about him ^^ he's very quiet and calm and self-confident. Physically he's not the effeminate type of guy, he's handsome in a masculine way... and he wears hoodies, not pink shirts We share some hobbies like writing and we like the same type of music.. There was a time in our correspondence when he told me where he went and when he couldn't answer to his messages, it was really cute.. well I guess I could write forever about him so I'll stop there ^^