+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a females thoughts on this one...

Need a females thoughts on this one...

Hi, I really wanted to get a girls opinion on this…

There’s this girl I’ve been speaking to on and off online for the last few years. She’s really cool, we’ve got a lot in common and we get on really well. We hadn’t spoke in maybe a year (reason being that I found it hard to speak with while dating someone else, as admittedly I do have feelings for her), but we’re both recently out of long term relationships and have started chatting again.

Now, I like this girl. She’s really pretty and we get on really well. We’ve been flirting back and forth for the past few weeks which has been fun. She is due to visit my town this summer and we’ve suggested we’d meet up and hang out.

Admittedly, I think I got ahead of myself because I was excited to see her. I texted her one night (after a few drinks) and said something dumb along the lines of ‘keep thinking of you’… now, when I woke up the next morning I realised I shouldn’t have said this, I know this was coming on waaaay too strong. What a way to freak out a girl who’s just come out of a serious relationship huh? It was a dumb, off the cuff comment I made when a little bit tipsy – I’m a realist, we live in different cities, I know not to expect too much.

Anyway, she text back and said something along the lines of “that is a cute message to wake up to”. That was 4 days ago; we’ve texted one or twice since then – which is definitely a bit strange as for the last month we’ve probably text each other 10-20 times a day.

I know my mistake was coming on too strong – I’m not sure how to play this now – is it dead in the water, or if I just don’t contact her for a while? What do you guys think? I’m certain she was keen before I text her that dumb message, I’d hate to have screwed this up because of that.

Any thoughts/musings/abuse appreciated!

She flirts because she wants a reaction from you. You weren't coming on too strong.....you didn't tell her you were madly in love with her....your message wasn't anything out of the ordinary for a friend to say. Anyways what do you really want? do you want a relationship? or just stick with being friends? If you don't make a move she is just going to use your attention til she meets someone new.

Don't play the mind games. Be honest and ask her what she wants and tell her what you want. You'll save yourself so much trouble that way.

Yeah mate, I'm always confused with what to do in a situation like yours. Back off a little and don't contact or would she want me to make a move? Confused I end up doing none lol.

you were not coming on too strong at all...but yes avoid mind games best way to screw this up...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.