+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if a friend kissed you?

What would you do if a friend kissed you?

I'm 18 years old and in love with a friend of mine. We're in all the same classes and in the same group of friends.
    I try to flirt with him at parties, and he knows that I think he's handsome.
    He's just smiling or giggling when I hit on him at parties. He never really rejects me, but he doesn't flirt back either.
    I don't think he feels the same way that I feel for him.
    He does care about me though. He tries to cheer me up when I'm crying, and he puts his arms around me and try to warm me if I'm cold. He always helps me out when I need help. He's such a good guy.

I really want to kiss him. But I'm not quite sure how I should do it.
    It's a party next weekend and I want it to happen. Should I like, surprise him, or should I sit on his lap, being cozy, maybe giving him a compliment and then move my face slowly towards him before I kiss him, so he won't get surprised?

I'm soo afraid of being rejected! That would be so embarassing.

What would you do, if one of your friends tried to kiss you?
    Would you let it happen, and then tell him/her afterwards that you probably shouldn't be doing it or would you just reject him/her while they tried to kiss you?

Hate to say this to you but he probably only sees you as a friend, I mean, some relationships start off as friendships but I would really not make a move like that just yet, I think you should just ask him if he wants to go out for lunch or something and ask him this at the party (when he is sober of course) and then maybe if you go out together you can tell him that you are starting to have feelings for him. I wouldn't just throw yourself at him because things could get tough between you two and he might feel awkward around you if it leads to rejection, you should be taking it slowly and accepting the fact that you are 'just a good friend' if he rejects you, its hard to tell at this time but really, take it slowly and don't come onto him because its not the smartest move AT ALL.

Sapphire x

Yah, I know.. He probably only sees me as a friend. But one day, I'm gonna make him realize that we've got something more. I refuse to give up on him.
    And I appreciate your answer, but I ain't gonna do it that way. You heard my plan, and it's going to happen next weekend.
    I don't feel I can take it any slower, since I've been in love with him for 3 years. I'm a bit shy too, so I not the kind of person who rush into things.
    I've been dropping hints, and I've flirted with him. As I said, he has never really rejected me. And if he rejects me, I can always blame the alcohol.
    But I really really want to do this. And I'm going to..I'm tired of waiting, and we'll graduate soon, so I just have to do it. One day it might be too late, and I will regret it for the rest of my life if I don't do it.

But I'm still curious about how people would react if a friend kissed them. I need to know that:s

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    What would you do, if one of your friends tried to kiss you?
    Would you let it happen, and then tell him/her afterwards that you probably shouldn't be doing it or would you just reject him/her while they tried to kiss you?
    No, I wouldn't let it happen, and I'd feel embarrassed for them for making such an awkward move on me out of nowhere. Even if I liked the guy, I would probably be really turned off and any feelings I had for him would be gone.

Honestly, you need not care what others think, but really if you're feeling optimistic then no one's stopping you from making that move, you just have to prepare for the best and the worst reactions because you could have been over assessing the 'interested' signals a little too much..

Don't kiss him..you've sent him all the signals he did not respond...back off...you need to remain graceful in this type of situations...

Trying this out would only make you look forceful and desperate...

Sometimes feelings are not reciprocated..actually most times ...but when it does happen it's fantastic...you're young you need to learn this lesson: back off if it's not meant to be.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am actually going through this problem right now, too, only it was my friend that kissed me. Today I am planning to tell him we can't hang out anymore, which totally sucks since he was my fishing buddy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

some men can just be very shy - especially if htey have limited past experience in relationships. Perhaps he never had a gf before and he just "doesn't know" how to react?

When I was young and innocent (18) I think I had (unconsciously) put my first-to-be girlfriend though a very similar ordeal. For about a month. At the end, one night I drove her home, she grabbed me by the neck and kissed me! She then said - "well I guess you know now how I feel". Boy, wasn't I happy she didn't wait for me to get my act together...

I say go ahead and kiss him. But perhaps do it in a more secluded place than a crowded night club/house (will make it less awkward for him, if his problem is being shy).
    Last edited by Nicholas_V; 05-05-11 at 09:47 PM.

If you really yearn for kissing him and can't wait any longer, just tell him at the party at the right time and see what happens.

But acting like you do is self-centered. It's also a matter of respect not to force someone to kiss you!
    And if he just starts to have some feelings for you, kissing him out of the blue could ruin the tiny chance you stand to have this happening again.

Edit: and if he kisses you back, you can also blame it on the alcohol...
    Last edited by Glea; 05-05-11 at 10:38 PM.

Sure go ahead, make out with him!

On a slightly more serious note, if he doesn't flirt back I would think he only sees you as a friend. So be really slow like you plan to when trying to kiss him. If he resists back off immediately. You don't wanna ruin your friendship. In case there is no resistance from his side you know he wants it too. It's better to try and fail than not having tried at all (I'm saying this only because you said you've liked him for 3 years!).

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am actually going through this problem right now, too, only it was my friend that kissed me. Today I am planning to tell him we can't hang out anymore, which totally sucks since he was my fishing buddy.
    Wait, why?

I obviously haven't kept up on you - are you in a relationship? If not, why can't you just reject the romantic aspect?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Wait, why?

I obviously haven't kept up on you - are you in a relationship? If not, why can't you just reject the romantic aspect?
    I'm not interested in him romantically. He looks like my brother, which creeps me out. Plus, he's not my type. If I keep him around as a friend, I will feel like he's just hanging around to see if I will change my mind.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not interested in him romantically. He looks like my brother, which creeps me out. Plus, he's not my type. If I keep him around as a friend, I will feel like he's just hanging around to see if I will change my mind.
    Can't you just address that with him? It's a shame that you'd lose a friend because he took a chance.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's not my friend. Friends don't want to have sex with me. lol

(At least, I don't THINK they do.)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's not my friend. Friends don't want to have sex with me. lol

(At least, I don't THINK they do.)
    At some point, they will. It's just how we're wired.

We can go back to normal. Just reject strongly, don't harp on it, and everything will be fine.

Unless you don't care if he's your friend (and that's perfectly valid). I'm working under the assumption you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast