+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this weird?

Is this weird?

I've been...changing...lately. To say the least. I've never been one to show emotions or intimacy with another person. I've never felt that need to be with someone else or just have physical contact with someone. Some would find that weird, that was normal for me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have done all those things with my relationships, I've just never had the need or urge to when I was alone.

Now lately, I've been feeling all those things I never did before. I've been wanting physical contact, intimacy, all those things that come along with a relationship. The problem is, I have no one in my life that I am attracted to in that way, or that I could see myself dating. I have no one that I have feelings for, etc. I just want to have feelings for someone. Whenever I get these feelings, I have no particular person in mind, just kind of a blank empty face of a person. It's such a foreign feeling to me, as I've always been perfectly fine being alone and not having anyone to touch, kiss, hold, etc.

I've also never really been one to date a lot. I've only been in 2 serious relationships in my life, and even then I had trouble opening up and showing my emotions. Lately I've been feeling like I could completely open myself up to someone, if I had someone that I cared to do that with.

My question is, I guess, is this a normal thing to go through? I'm in my mid twenties and never thought I'd feel like this.

Could be your hormones/physiology/biological clock? Just throwing out some possibilities.

Are you sure there's absolutely nothing you know of that could be the cause of this?

There is nothing unusual about this. In fact, this is what most people would classify as feeling lonely. Just continue to be yourself, try out new things, expand your social circle, etc. and you will find more potential dating partners.

Online dating sites might also be an option. That way you can see what others are looking for before you jump into a relationship.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I'm experiencintthe same feelings of loneliness..I was in 2 relationships then single ever since for years...first i was fine with it...caught up with friends and family and focused on my needs and my feelings...

But at some point I started to feel like there was no more I wanted to do or experience by myself...I want to share...but unfortunately there is lov prospect around and I feel more lonely everyday...if you found a way to cope better please let me know...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Thanks for all your replies. I don't even know what can cause this, so I'm not sure if there's something that did.

It's just such a foreign feeling to me. I'm usually never lonely. I absolutely love being by myself. I still do, it's just sometimes I get these feelings that I want to be close to someone. I don't think I would actually want a relationship - someone there all the time - because I do like being alone.

I don't know. I just hope these feelings don't make me rush into anything or make stupid decisions. I feel like these feelings are tricking me into thinking I want to be with someone that I normally wouldn't want to be with. If that makes sense.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i am guessing you are a female?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

You guessed correct

it's true that these feelings can make you fancy even people you would never consider normally (ie my boss from 3 years ago...unattractive, skinny and boring)...is it despair? loneliness? the only way out I found was to keep busy busy busy...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

My thoughts exactly. I've been working and working out more and just doing anything I can think of to keep myself busy. I'm a strong person, I know I can see through my mind "tricking" me like this, it's just hard and confusing.

Awe sugar, no worries. You're just growing up
    It's perfectly natural, and nothing is wrong with you.

There are many different catalysts, for me, it was the death of my mother. Suddenly I FELT, thought I was crazy.

Try embracing the change, but keeping the level head you maintained before this.