+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP! Mixed emotions.

HELP! Mixed emotions.

Hey everyone. I really could do with some advice...

I have been with my girlfriend for a year now, she has a 5 year old son and i love them both dearly. We are due to move in together and I know she loves me unconditionally.

Previously to our relationship, i was a bit of a wild one! I was never tamed down and never really had a long term relationship. Whilst on a trip away I developed feelings for another girl and I acted on these. She is however from another country. We talked online and my girlfriend saw the conversations. I lied to her telling her that me and the other girl just kissed to protect her feelings. Obviously I havent spoken to the other girl since my girlfirend found out but my feelings just fizzled away and what seems to have turned out to be a holiday fling.

After this we were having a few problems but recently things have seemed to be picking up.

This is where it gets tricky for me...

I am at university at the moment and I change between from being in class to working in a hospital (im doing a nursing degree). On my placement in hospital I met a woman who I had a bit of a crush on. But as the time got longer working there I really felt chemistry between us. At work I never came out as gay as I didnt want this to effect me, she is a flirtacious person and she had no idea that I had a crush on her!

We have kept in touch after working togther as we get on really well but she still has no idea that I have a crush on her. I came out to her outside of work and she is compleatly fine with it, she even admitted having a girlfriend previously but I know that she is prodomentaly straight.

She keeps flirting with me and making comments but I think thats just her personality...I dont know. But what I do know is I have a massive crush on her and I dont know if i really have feelings for her.

My relationship at the moment is okay...but its starting to go flat. I love my girlfriend and I couldnt imagine being without her. Yet I still miss the chase and the excitement of persuing someone new. I think about my crush constantly, Im even dreaming about her.

Please can someone give me some advice?
    Do I tell my straight friend I like her or do I stick to my relationship and keep this other girl as a friend.
    And if i do tell my crush...how do I explain how I feel about her. Shes straight and I dont want to freak her out....

Yet I still miss the chase and the excitement of persuing someone new

You do realise if you break up with your girlfriend (who you claim to love and can't imagine being without) for your crush then eventually you will do the same thing to your now crush because you will eventually crave that 'chase' again. If I was you I would concentrate on getting my relationship back on track and leave a 3rd person out of it. If you discover you are discontent with your relationship then do the right thing and break it off.

Unfortunately relationships do go flat and it is up to the people involved to fix this. Running off to someone else because they appear more exciting is not the solution.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

You need to grow up.