+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you leave someone you love?

How do you leave someone you love?

I have been with my partner for basically 2 years. I love him more and more each day and I'm head over heels for him. After a discussion we had back 2 months ago I have been avoiding arguments, showing more feelings and saying I love you more frequently. I have constantly tried to well what feels like better myself for him in positive ways to make him happy. He on the other hand has less tolerance for me, as in snaps easily, When I complain that someone stole my triple barrel he said he didn't care, I talk about my day ad he just says "yer" and has admitted to me that he doesnt care about those types of things but cares about me!? You make sense of that? I care about everything he does, what makes him sad and what makes him angry. I would of loved to improve our relationship but it has to work both ways! I feel like I'm waisting my time. He lives an 1h30m away and I cant even plan my future where I want to work (uni/work) cuz he has no intension of living with me or is not thinking about that as he says. Every time I think about saying goodbye I can't because I love him but I know our relationship is going no where. Should I just wait untill enough is enough or is my heart telling me no for a reason! Never been this confused, but def over it.
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Sharz[/COLOR]

The thing i would think about is this:
    you clearly have two options here,
    1) put up with it
    2) get rid of him

Now, both of these dont sound too great right, but just consider them both for one second.
    Alright, you put up with him, yeah hes not all that soppy and caring and things, but at the end of the day, youve been with him 2 years, surely theres something there? AND.... cmon, seriously, 2 years, ofcourse he damn cares, thats why hes with you silly!

Maybe, he takes you for granted?
    try, being quiet with him, you get down and upset with him, dont tell him whats wrong until he really begs, if he doesnt get like this, then yeah, hes not bothered. if he gets upset and annoyed too, obviously hes not putting as much effort into the relationship as what you are.

Okay, secondly: you leave him.
    can you imagine what it would be like without him, i dont think you could. sure youd get over it with time, but your always going to that that thought, that YOU were the one that ended the relationship, and in actual fact, h never said he DIDNT love you did he? you just wanted him to be all caring and lovey towards you, in a SHOWING way.

This all might sound harsh, put put it into perspective.

Why did you finish your boyfriend adter 2 years, must have been soemthing very bad?
    He told me he wasnt interested in the lovey dubby stuff, so i ended it.
    Did he ever say he didnt love you?
    well, i guess not.. no?
    did he ever do anyting wrong in 2 years? cheat?
    well, i guess not that either...
    so what, he didnt show interest in how your day was?
    erm, yeah i guess.

ohh.... you were clearly a loving girlfriend wernt you?

sounds a hell of a lot worse doesnt it? thats practically whats happening!

Look, talk to him, be upset and say, right, i want to talk, for the sake of our relationship. and tell him everything. tell him how you feel, look at his response, and decide from there.

I would recomend doing it in person, see how his body responds, a tear in his eye maybe?

good luck.

Your absolutely right! I think I really needed to hear that! Probly the best advice I have ever had with explanation behind it! Thanks Desert! x
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Sharz[/COLOR]

don't waste time with people who don't respect you as a person. it's time to move on and find someone who actually cares about you and wants to know everything about you.