+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My boyfriend couldn't protect us? Should he be ashamed?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're a f-cking twit Dopple
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    You're a f-cking twit Dopple
    And guess what? I still have all of my teeth and credit cards.

I just discussed with my man how he would feel. My man has always told me that if we ever got into a situation where he might piss someone off enough to end up in an altercation his only advice to me is (and I quote) "try to keep up!!'. I tell you this so you know what kind of guy he is.

He says reassure your man it took balls to say no.

It may have been pretty stupid, but it was brave.

Tell him you value him enough that you'd be happy to have in one piece without a wallet, phone etc - rather than dead.

IMO you should avoid bringing the issue up and let him forget about it, yes his ego is hurt but he will get over it, we all do, but sometimes you make it worse by trying to cheer me up, if you want to let him know that it's not a big deal then simply ignore it and dont bring it up. This may not be the best suggestion to follow up on when in a relationship, just my opinion

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    And guess what? I still have all of my teeth and credit cards.
    And is that because you've fought off multiple thugs with your bare hands is it?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

And is that because you've fought off multiple thugs with your bare hands is it?
    No, he said he'd be "bookin' it" meaning he'd run. Old U.S. slang.

The bigger man swallows his pride and hands the friggin valuables over all in the interest of preserving his/her lives for the greater.. and longer good.

Let your pride get too big one day, you'll choke to death when swallowing.

Nope, it was stupid and we were lucky he only got knocked cold for his troubles. But you knew that.

It's not about what he did, it's about how he's coping with this.

Yeah....dont get me wrong....it was a really dumb dumb move. I was just saying he was a stud for standing up to those guys to help his ego

I just discussed with my man how he would feel. My man has always told me that if we ever got into a situation where he might piss someone off enough to end up in an altercation his only advice to me is (and I quote) "try to keep up!!'. I tell you this so you know what kind of guy he is.
    Wow! What a sweetheart of a guy you snagged! LOL!
    Last edited by surfhb; 23-05-11 at 05:02 AM.

A robbery of any kind is a violation to anyone. It's a traumatic event to experience and it has it's psychological affects. He is embarrassed and his ego hurt but in time he will get over it. When you are someone of wealth, you will always be a target. Maybe next time when walking around in public, hide the valuables or just plain stay away from that area. Since you live in the states carry a frickin gun.

WTF is your problem, dude?

I don't fight, I run. I suppose that makes me a twit, boo hoo. I guess I'll go cry about it, and then dry my tears with my wallet.

He should be second guessing his response; not his failure to protect you. He could have protected you by cooperating!! His refusal actually put you both at risk. Was it chivalrous? Yes! Was it stupid? Yes!

A past girlfriend's older brother was in the airforce. He was not your typical airman. He had been through Airborne, Sniper and Ranger training on his way to being selected for training as a Combat Controller. He trained with, and I assume deployed with, Special Forces, Seals and the like. Outside of the airforce he was friends with the owner of a pizza shop. If and when he had time off he was known to hang out at the shop and even deliver a pizza once in a while. On one such delivery he was robbed at gun point!! What did he do?!?! He handed over the change he was carrying and walked away with out a scratch. Using your brain and restraining your ego is sometimes the bravest thing to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12