+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need an amazing date idea

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Need an amazing date idea

I just started to date this girl, and we're getting along quite, quite well. Her birthday is coming up and I want to do something special for her. Because it's early in the relationship, I haven't any idea on gifts, so I figured a great date is best, but what?? I can't decide. I can't even come up with anything. At first I thought a hot air balloon ride, but they're a little more expensive than I thought.

I'm looking for any ideas; the date will probably last an entire day, so I can mash a bunch of things together.

We're 18-21 and live in the vicinity of NYC, though anything driving distance from there would do well. Bonus if it's something intelligent or artistic. TIA!

Pack a picnic lunch. Brie, french bread, some hard cheeses, salami, wine and romantic music... take a bike ride to a nice secluded spot... eat, drink and watch the sunset.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Pack a picnic lunch. Brie, french bread, some hard cheeses, salami, wine and romantic music... take a bike ride to a nice secluded spot... eat, drink and watch the sunset.
    I like it, but this is her birthday, so I was thinking something with a price tag. Not that money has everything to do with it, but something that we wouldn't do just any day because it'd be economically infeasible to.

I'm expecting to spend a couple hundred dollars.

You're confusing money with potential impact - a picnic would be great - make you buy the very best ingredients and you'll end up spending enough.

Spending money isn't always good.
    Why don't you make her nice dinner.
    Having a picnic would be nice too if the weather and the place is good.

Another vote for a nice picnic!

I must say, a picnic was the best date I've ever had. Watching the sunset in total silence and comfort with each other's company (and great food) was awesome after a couple of hours' hiking. It was far more romantic than a trip to a restaurant, cinema or theatre - the usual stuff that you do pretty often when you date.

Perhaps you can buy some gift and give it to her while on a picnic? That would make me feel very special, knowing thoughts you must have put into all - a picnic basket and a gift.