+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't get to know 2 in parallel

Boy is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Can't get to know 2 in parallel

Hi,

There's a 21yo girl which I'm about to date this Thursday and I really like her and hope that it'll work out.

Lately, I got to know another girl, 24yo (at my age), which is very attractive in many ways - she looks good, she's very smart, she works in hi-tech and we love just the same things.

The problem is that my thoughts are already into the 21yo girl which I know for quite a while.

I don't know how to put on hold the 24yo girl without ruing it.
    I made a mistake by asking her out for tomorrow, and only afterwards I realized that I can't date 2 women in parallel.
    Now I need to somehow cancel this date.

Any advice guys how to handle all that?

Thanks!

Why choose? You're just dating, get to know them both, make a choice after a few dates as to which one you'd like to continue with.

I agree with Cerby. You aren't committed to either of the two. You shouldn't be worried unless you fall for both and really can't decide between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I made a mistake by asking her out for tomorrow, and only afterwards I realized that I can't date 2 women in parallel.
    Yes you can. That's the entire point of dating: to get to know people in a romantic context until you find someone you want to be exclusive with. That's the difference between dating around and having a steady girlfriend.

I think he means that he, personally, would not enjoy dating two girls at once. Not everyone enjoys the juggling act, it can be rather overwhelming for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyZ View Post
    I think he means that he, personally, would not enjoy dating two girls at once. Not everyone enjoys the juggling act, it can be rather overwhelming for some people.
    His plan is to hold one girl to the side while dating the other to see if it works out. So in reality he already has thoughts for both, and keeping one in limbo is kind of cruel.

Date them both and cut one free soon, instead of carrying one on the side and working on another. Thats just a recipe for cheating down the road.

Boy is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hi friends,
    I really enjoyed reading all of your comments.

I'll explain the problem.
    I won't be able to come all for the "challenge" to the first date tonight with this girl while I would rather it to work out with the other girl whom I date on Thursday.
    In order for a first date to work, you need to be kind and nice and thoughtful and be interested in her, and I won't be that interested in all she'd have to say.
    That sucks, I know, I didn't sleep an entire night over this, because I don't know how to cancel the date tonight