+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Signs that a guy loves you

Signs that a guy loves you

Besides actually saying I love you, what are some signs that a guy loves you? I've heard that the amount of time a guy is willing to give you is proportional to how much he loves you so e.g. if a guy works long hours but still talks to you for an hour every night before going to bed, it's a pretty good sign that he's smitten. Is this true?

Actions always speaks louder than words. Even if a guy says "I love you", it does not necessarily mean he does. The way to tell if a guy loves you is if he cares about your happiness. He'll do things to make you happy.

Yep! There was a recent post by a women here who described that her husband scrapes off the ice every morning so she doesnt need worry. Thats a good example of a man's love. When you know he concerned for your general well being.

If he says your name a lot while talking to you, that's a good sign!! A simple change from "You look great tonight," to "You look great tonight, Lisa," can tell you a lot about how he feels.

There can be many signs. Personally, I smile a lot more when I'm with her, like spending time with her, would do/say things just to make her smile, would be by her side when she's feeling down, wouldn't flirt with other girls no matter how hot they are, would say and do things to make her know she means a lot to me, etc. Just the other day a friend told me "you know, James, every time you say 'us and we' I know you're talking about you and her. Your 'we' and 'us' is never about your family or friends!" I wasn't really aware of that.

When a guy praises you to his friends, things like, you are really good at your job, or you really know how to handle money, you always have great ideas for your days off, etc, etc, huge sign.

My BF does HEAPS to show he loves me. If I have to drive home in the dark and it's raining he will tell me to text him when I arrive home so he knows I am safe. When I stay at his place (usually twice a week) he makes sure there is Iced Coffee in the fridge for the morning coz he knows I love it. If I can't sleep or am feeling sick he will get me whatever is necessary to make me comfortable. He txts me most mornings just to wish me a good day. He treats my friends and family kindly. He doesn't flirt or ogle at hotter women in front of me, in fact I am usually the one perving on them and pointing them out to him. But mostly it's just in the way he looks at me
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    But mostly it's just in the way he looks at me
    That is soooooo sweet. I know exactly what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by jb1111983 View Post
    There can be many signs. Personally, I smile a lot more when I'm with her, like spending time with her, would do/say things just to make her smile, would be by her side when she's feeling down, wouldn't flirt with other girls no matter how hot they are, would say and do things to make her know she means a lot to me, etc. Just the other day a friend told me "you know, James, every time you say 'us and we' I know you're talking about you and her. Your 'we' and 'us' is never about your family or friends!" I wasn't really aware of that.

I love that stand by her side when she was down, for some reasons it becomes something very important to me.

A guy loves (Im currently in love with a girl btw) if he:

-Thinks about you lot
    -Looks at you everytime he walks by you
    -Trys to get your attention
    -You always come first
    -Acts shy around you/Acts too confident around you
    -Trys to make you laugh

Love is hard to explain, its hard to understand.